We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Since Cap Juluca is closed in April, where to stay

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Since Cap Juluca is closed in April, where to stay

Hi there,

So I absolutely love Cap Juluca, it is my go to place in Anguilla. I plan on going to Anguilla April 2018 and CJ will be closed for renos, where should I stay that is comparable in terms of service and also $$$. What is important to me is the privacy on the beach and the drink/food service on the beach.

Was thinking of Manoah but not sure....

Thanks.

J H
Lanoka Harbor, New...
Level Contributor
723 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Since Cap Juluca is closed in April, where to stay

Mali, Zemi and Four Seasons are all options. . Also the new Quintessence on Long Bay will be open.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,231 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Since Cap Juluca is closed in April, where to stay

I agree with the above suggestions, I would also add Frangipani. I'm sure you know they are a small boutique hotel on Meads Bay, terrific hands on customer service by the owners, Scott and Shannon, they really take care of their customers.

Take a look at their reviews, all 5*:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

Straw Hat is on property and they provide beach service to the guests of Frangipani.

I know how heartbreaking it is to lose your property, it happened to us when Rendezvous Bay Hotel closed, I was devastated.

Good luck,

Ellen

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Since Cap Juluca is closed in April, where to stay

I would look at Frangipani on Meads Bay. Recommend condo 1A or 5A if they are available. Frangipani is small quiet and intimate. Straw Hat is there for beach food and drink service. A variety of water sports are available My guess is that Quintessence is going to be one of the pricier places on AXA.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Since Cap Juluca is closed in April, where to stay

We have gone to Cap for the past 18 years and we are feeling very lost about our yearly May visit. While we are very happy that our place is being taken care of its a really strange feeling staying somewhere else. We have gone ahead and booked Malli for next May , while it's not our place we'll still be on our island!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Since Cap Juluca is closed in April, where to stay

Check out Quintessence. You may be pleasantly surprised.

;-)

6. Re: Since Cap Juluca is closed in April, where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2018, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla