We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
41 reviews
Best route

hey everyone! Travelling to LV to Grand Canyon south rim..with hotel booked for April 29-May 1st at Bright Angel.(sat-Mon). I havent booked the flight but its looking like the wednesday 26th with departure on thursday May 4th out of Vegas . would like to be able to see Monument Valley, Bryce, Page and Zion ..of course with the 2 nights at the GC... any recommended route to see all this in a week???

So Cal
Level Contributor
12,098 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: Best route

Hm. That schedule is really going to mess with things. If you look at the map, you'll see that there's nothing much to visit between LV and the Grand Canyon, which are about a five hour drive apart. After the GC might normally be Monument Valley (spend 1nt), about 3 hours away. Then Page (spend 1nt), about 2.5 hours. Then Bryce (spend 1nt), about 3 hours (spend 1nt). Then Zion (about 2 hours), spend several nights.

But if you arrive LV on Apr 26, you have the 26th/27th/28th before your GC visit. So...not really enough time to do Zion and Bryce and Page and MV. But you can't go straight to the canyon. So...

Maybe Apr 26 go to Zion, 2nts (26th & 27th). Then head to Bryce on the 28th, stay 1nt. Then go straight to the canyon on the 29th, spend 2nts. Leave on May 1st and back track to Page for that night, back track to MV for the 2nd, ugh long drive back to LV on the 3rd, stay till 4th.

I don't see how you can hit everything without some major backtracking.

Are Page and MV absolute must-sees? If not, you maybe could go LV > Sedona > GC > Bryce 1nt > Zion 2nts > LV.

Edited: 05 November 2016, 09:05
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Best route

Thanks!! I know its a weird route thats why im asking for advice.. i have been to all these places but my husband hasnt.. if i had to leave one out it would be Page.. i really would like to see Monument agsin.. its so magical.. just not sure how to cram everything in.. we have been to Sedona several times.. keep the ideas coming!

3. Re: Best route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2017, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Grand Canyon National...