We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palermo to scopello/San vito lo capo

Norwich, United...
7 posts
1 review
Palermo to scopello/San vito lo capo

Hi. I have a really specific version of a much asked question. I want to go to scopello and lo zingaro. I'll be staying in Palermo in the first week of April, and will probably make the trip on the Thursday. I know scopello is reachable via bus, but I find the Russo bus site pretty confusing. Could you let me know when the first and last busses are? Also when's the last bus back from San vito lo capo?

9 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,258 posts
1. Re: Palermo to scopello/San vito lo capo

The onward service from Palermo to Scopello connects via Castellammare del Golfo.

You would enter Palermo and Castellammare Capolinea. The first bus would depart Palermo on 7 April for Castellammare at 6:20, and arrive in Castellammare at 8:00.

There's no onward service to Zingaro. Enter Castellammare Capolinea and Zingaro, Nessun risultato.

You might take the bus as far as Scopello, and walk. A bus would depart Castellammare at 9:30, and arrive in Scopello at 9:50.

You would then return to Castellammare del Golfo from Scopello for San Vito.

The service from San Vito Lo Capo back to Palermo is direct with the last bus departing San Vito at 5:45.

Hopefully you can now search the site as you know the connection via Castellammare.

And you might only arrive in San Vito, and then see Zingaro from San Vito. Companies provide service from town to Zingaro's entrance.

Vagabonda

1 post
2. Re: Palermo to scopello/San vito lo capo

Where would we catch the bus in Palermo to go to Scopello tomorrow Sat 11th June 16

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,258 posts
3. Re: Palermo to scopello/San vito lo capo

Capolinea Piazza Cairoli (Stazione Centrale) or Piazza Politeama.

Connect in Castellammare del Golfo.

http://www.russoautoservizi.it/

Vagabonda

London, United...
1 post
4. Re: Palermo to scopello/San vito lo capo

Hi all, is it possible to stay in San Vito and take the bus to Palermo for a day trip? We'd like to be walking distance from a beach (that isn't Mondello) and a bus ride away from Palermo as we won't be able to hire a car. Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,258 posts
5. Re: Palermo to scopello/San vito lo capo

Welcome to Sicily biancshutch!

It's a long ride on Russo from San Vito Lo Capo to Palermo.

http://www.russoautoservizi.it/

Cefalù is a more convenient choice.

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,258 posts
6. Re: Palermo to scopello/San vito lo capo

You would take the train or SAIS Trasporti bus from Cefalù to Palermo.

Vagabonda

7. Re: Palermo to scopello/San vito lo capo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 August 2017, 08:25
Edited: 04 August 2017, 08:25

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
8. Re: Palermo to scopello/San vito lo capo

Dear Vagabonda,

When is the last bus from San VIto Lo Capo to Palermo on the 22nd of Sept?

I see 13:00 on the Russo site, but that is very early.

I read that there will be the Cous Cous Fest ... will be there any extra buses because of this event?

Thanks a lot,

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,258 posts
9. Re: Palermo to scopello/San vito lo capo

Welcome to Sicily Kinga D!

That appears the schedule.

You can always take AST from San Vito Lo Capo to Trapani, and then take the frequent Segesta Autolinee from Trapani to Palermo.

Vagabonda

Reply to: Palermo to scopello/San vito lo capo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Scopello