We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Few Last Minute Questions Regarding Botaira

Edson, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
55 reviews
59 helpful votes
A Few Last Minute Questions Regarding Botaira

Several of you folks have been to Botaira more than once, we leave Canada next Tuesday and my questions are.

Dress code? I know about the covered knees and shoulders, no sun glasses or hats for a village visit, but what about on the resort? will we be fine in shorts and t shirts?

Laundry? can I pay to have my clothes washed? We usually travel very light, a carry on, and half of that is wet suit and snorkel gear.

Rats? Seriously are there vermin in the rooms? This is alarming!

Reef Health? One of the latest reviews says that the crown of thorns has damaged the reef and the fish are long gone! Please someone send me some pictures to alleviate this fear. We picked Botaira especially for the all tide fantastic snorkelling and healthy reef.

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

2 replies to this topic
Pacific Coast...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
13,884 posts
139 reviews
331 helpful votes
1. Re: A Few Last Minute Questions Regarding Botaira

The dress code only applies in the villages. Botairal is very casual, no need to dress up at all, You can pay to have your washing done. Rats in rooms, been a while since I have heard them mentioned, we haven't experienced them since the renovations have been completed and they do have regular pest maintenance. Just don't have food in your room, they request this anyway. There is a fridge in every bure so that being airtight you could I suppose store things in that if you have to take food, As Botaira is close to bush which is a natural habitat for rats it like many other island resorts can experience an issue from time to time. We were there in May and yes we did see crown ot thorns and lots of fish, the crown of thorns does not affect fish The latest on crown of thorns is to leave them as it has been found that if they are removed they spew out bits that grow into more of the pests. Most reefs have them and Botaira is a very extensive reef so there lt is always lots to see. It is still one of the best resort reefs, with a huge variety of coral and fish.

Botaira were getting a local dive company to come and remove them. Don't know what is happening now We are heading back for our 20th visit to this lovely friendly resort next month. Hope you enjoy your stay with the wonderful staff to look after you.

Edson, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
55 reviews
59 helpful votes
2. Re: A Few Last Minute Questions Regarding Botaira

Thanks so much! I am relieved regarding the snorkelling, thanks so much for all the information you provided! And now I still can take just a carry on!

Reply to: A Few Last Minute Questions Regarding Botaira
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Naviti Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.