We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Botaira or Barefoot Resort for kids 6 and 10

Pindimar NSW
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
6 helpful votes
Botaira or Barefoot Resort for kids 6 and 10

Still trying to decide where to stay in Fiji!!! Can anyone who has been to either of the resorts above let me know how suitable they are for kids, considering they have no kids club? Also can we get some one to mind them while we have the occasional dinner or dive to ourselves? We are spending 3 nights at the Sheraton for a wedding but then would really like to experience non-resort fiji - still requiring meals, drinks, activities etc lol! Our boys are both confident swimmers/snorkellers, my husband and I are divers and we would like our 10yr old to have a dive experience while there.

Any info or alternative recommendations would be great......Octopus also looked good and Paradise Cove tempting but we like the idea of rustic :)

Thanks very much!

3 replies to this topic
Pacific Coast...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
13,884 posts
139 reviews
331 helpful votes
1. Re: Botaira or Barefoot Resort for kids 6 and 10

The accommodation at Barefoot is a lot smaller than at Botaira. The reef while very pretty is not so big either. Barefoot gets a lot of backpackers. With Botaira you can walk to the village or if you wish go by boat and they do trips to the reefs around Barefoot for snorkeling and Manta Ray swimming/snorkeling between May & Oct. Barefoot is on the shore of Manta Ray passage not sure they have family accommodation..

Edited: 11 years ago
Tasmania, Australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
26 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Botaira or Barefoot Resort for kids 6 and 10

my family are heading to barefoot in july with 2 children aged 5 and 10 and the staff have been wonderful and they do have family accommodation. I am fairly sure you can hire a babysitter if required

Pacific Coast...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
13,884 posts
139 reviews
331 helpful votes
3. Re: Botaira or Barefoot Resort for kids 6 and 10

Met the new owners of Barefoot they are lovely people, Aussies from Tassie. Sounds like they have made a lot of improvements which are ongoing hoping to get there in October. Am sure you will all have a lovely holiday.

Reply to: Botaira or Barefoot Resort for kids 6 and 10
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Naviti Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.