We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Botaira questions

Newcastle, Australia
14 posts
More Botaira questions

We've booked 11 nights at Botaira! It would be great if you help with some detail.....

1) Some money questions. Do they charge credit charge fees? Do they have safe? Do we pay when we arrive or when we leave?

2) What is the towel/laundry situation like?

3) Internet access?

4) Is it possible to have 2 bures on the beach, and farthest from the bar? I don't know the layout of the resort, but any suggestions as to which 2 bures to request would be great.

5) I couldn't find Botaira on google maps. I found Soso villiage, which I assume is the closest? I also found Korovou and Coconut Bay resorts. Any ideas as to where it is from these?

Thanks for your help. I'm so excited, that I'm becoming more than a little obsessed with detail.

1 reply
Pacific Coast...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
13,884 posts
139 reviews
331 helpful votes
1. Re: More Botaira questions

WE have been to Botaira many many times, You can find it on Google Earth it is west of SoSo village on the opposite. I have not been charged credit card fees other than the normal fee the banks charge to process the payment. Email the resort direct for confirmation. You pay when you leave for any expenses incurred, eg. drinks. When you contact the resort request bures 6 & 7 the two beachfront furthest from the bar, if they haven't been requested they will give them too you. Apart from bures 1 & 2 most are a distance from the bar. If you require clean towels every day just ask. Our beds were changed every 2nd day. Korovou is 2 bays further north of Botaira. Think Cocunut Bay closed dowon. It is possible to kayak there if you have the energy it is quite a way. There is no internet access except for the office staff. Have you read the reviews of this resort they will give you a better idea of the resort. It is Fijian owned and managed, has wonderful staff and the manager has a 3 year old daughter.

It is not upmarket but basic clean with good food most locally grown. Go with an open mind it is quite different to the usual western style Fijian resort. We have already booked for our 12th visit next May.

Reply to: More Botaira questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Naviti Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.