We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamanda

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Alamanda

Would like to know about damage

10 replies to this topic
1. Re: Alamanda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 October 2017, 14:42

St Martin / St...
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Alamanda

If you look at the link I posted on hotel updates, it looks like Alamanda will not open soon

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
255 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Alamanda

Found this on Facebook from September 18... www.facebook.com/alamandaresort/

Thank you all for your support !! Thankfully, all the staff is safe.

As you can imagine, we will need some time to be able to welcome you again in our hotel. Nevertheless, be prepared, the Alamanda Resort will be reopened for your next holidays in Autumn 2018 🌴☀️

You will get more information during the next few weeks, so stay tuned 😉

Thank you again.

The Alamanda Team.

toronto, ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Alamanda

Great to hear from you. We're so happy that everyone is safe. We have been emailing to the hotel to connect with Vincent but understandably haven't had a reply. Please convey our best to Vincent, the staff and their families. Our thoughts are with you and we look forward to coming back as soon as you are up and running. All the best, Alan Baker and Afrah Gouda.

Guilderland, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
5. Re: Alamanda

Is Alamanda up and running again? I love it there and want to return, but I have not gotten any information about the resort. Is it open? Was there tremendous damage? I so hope that Alamanda will be like it was before the hurricane. Can someone let me know how Orient zbeach is now?

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
33 posts
97 reviews
6. Re: Alamanda

The kitchen at Alamanda is open and serving lunch, I believe. But, as for the hotel itself it's going to be a little while. Robbin from the St. Martin Reservation Center informed me last month that they are aiming for either late 2018 or early 2019. So, November or December of this year may be possible if all goes well. Palm Court (which is a bit further inland) would appear to have a better shot at opening sooner, say November 1st. If that's the case we plan to stay there, but if not we will opt for Philipsburg or Simpson Bay again this fall. Hope this helps.

New York City, New...
1 post
7. Re: Alamanda

We are repeat visitors to the Alamanda. Please provide us with updates since we want to visit again. rmsouthwick53@gmail.com

Thank you.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
73 reviews
8. Re: Alamanda

Rather than posting your personal email on a public forum, it's best to request a private message. Have you checked the Alamanda website?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
4 posts
862 reviews
9. Re: Alamanda

The news we heard this week is it will be approximately two years before it reopens. It was total ghost town today. No activity just a few workers living in some of the rear units near village. The devistation makes me want to cry. They had a nice bar and the pool open in April but apparently a fire took it away.

USA
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
10. Re: Alamanda

How is the Esmerelda? (I always confuse those 2...)

Reply to: Alamanda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orient Bay