We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct Beach Access or Sunset Views?

McKinney, Texas
1 post
Direct Beach Access or Sunset Views?

Booking our Honeymoon for November 2015... Need opinions on Island Vale #9 (only Vale with direct beach access) or a Premium Vale which offer full or partial sunset views. We like the option of having direct beach access, but don't know if it would be better to pay the extra $ for a premium Vale... if premium, which vale should we try to reserve?

2 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
539 posts
7 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Direct Beach Access or Sunset Views?

Hi Becca. Good choice! We're also going to RD for our honeymoon. We'll be there just before you, at the very end of October. As I haven't been yet, I can't help with personal experience but I can share my research.

We've booked an Island Vale - mainly due to cost restraints, but also because it's basically same building (although I believe the Premium Vales are slightly bigger and so have the pretty awning over the bed). I didn't personally feel that it was worth significantly more money just for the view and a fancy mosquito net. Also all vales have heated plunge pools now too (previously only the more expensive vales did).

Anyway, from research I've gathered Premium Vales are on the West side. These have a sunset view. If that's really important to you and you can afford it, go for it. Those vales also get sun in the afternoon if you like to sunbathe then. However there's a beach on this side, so our plan is to just wander down to the beach to watch the sun set.

You haven't mentioned Deluxe Vales, but just to add, these are on the East side and get sunrise views. There is no beach this side so I guess it's harder to see that without having booked a vale on this side of the island. These vales get direct sunlight in the morning for sun bathing. However, there's a lot of wind on this side of the island too, so the decks can get breezy.

We haven't requested a particular Island Vale. Secretly I sort of hope we get put in Vale 9 - but also unsure if it might be a bit less private if other people want to use the beach (although reviewers said that beach is small and usually empty). What I would add, is that it seems that the Island Vales (being on the South side) never really get proper direct sunlight. This is fine by me, as I get to hot and burn, so usually sit in the shade. But if you want your personal deck to be in the sun for bathing, you'd probably be disappointed with an Island vale.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 9 years ago
Escondido...
Level Contributor
848 posts
225 reviews
484 helpful votes
2. Re: Direct Beach Access or Sunset Views?

Just returned from a fabulous week at Royal Davui. We stayed in Vale #5, one of the two suites available. If you can afford the extra price, this is by far the nicest villa of the 16. It's sits on a cliff, overlooking the ocean and commands excellent sunset views. I also liked Vale #9. It sits right on Southern Beach (the best of the 3 beaches at the resort) and is the only unit with direct beach access. I would think Vale #1 (which is the closest to the main areas of the resort) also has excellent sunset views. If you're interested, my review of the resort has just been posted.

Reply to: Direct Beach Access or Sunset Views?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Royal Davui Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.