We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book direct or on hotels.com?

San Francisco...
2 posts
Book direct or on hotels.com?

Does anyone have any experience booking Royal Davui through hotels.com (or another travel site)? We'd love to get the Welcome Rewards credits for our honeymoon but don't want it to cause any issues.... I know the prices through Royal Davui include the transfer from Nadi but am not sure if the prices on hotels.com do or not....

Thanks for any advice!

5 replies to this topic
Pacific Coast...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
13,880 posts
148 reviews
331 helpful votes
1. Re: Book direct or on hotels.com?

Hotels.com should show all inclusions. The inclusion of transfers is a huge saving so you need to work out which offer gives you the best deal. Read all the small print with deals too. Personally we prefer to do our own bookings unless we find a really good offer. Remember that the resorts have to pay a % to the wholesaler eg. hotels.com for making the booking so check it out carefully a lot of resorts will take this into consideration when they give you their quote especially if you mention the deal you saw when you ask the resort for their their quote .

London
Level Contributor
539 posts
7 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Book direct or on hotels.com?

I recently booked directly with Royal Davui. I looked on Hotels.com and Expedia but I found that they couldn't beat the price of booking directly with Royal Davui. Plus their office is really helpful and can answer any questions you have. The Hotel.com type websites call the vales by different names and are a bit vague about which one you're actiay booking for.

Transfers are not included in the nightly rate, no matter where you book. You can add them on if booking directly through the Royal Davui website. Personally, I just emailed the office and told them what I wanted and they sent an invoice. This way, you can ensure that any offers like Stay 7 Pay 5 are included.

I'm fairly certain that you would need to pay for transfers on top of any bookings with Hotels.com or Expedia. This is because there are several options (car and boat, plane and boat, helicopter) so it would be difficult to add them on automatically.

I would highly recommend contacting RD directly and telling them what you are looking for. Don't just go off the website, get a personal quote (prices won't change much but they will factor in offers, work out the best transfer times and methods for you etc). At least that way, you'll have something to compare with the Hotels.com quote.

London
Level Contributor
539 posts
7 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Book direct or on hotels.com?

Just re-read your post and see that you want to use the Hotel site for rewards. I'd still see what RD offer you. It's such a huge amount of money to part with, I felt more comfortable booking direct and knowing exactly what I was getting. And I'm 99.9% certain that transfers are not included.

San Francisco...
2 posts
4. Re: Book direct or on hotels.com?

Thanks everyone for your help! We booked through RD directly.

London
Level Contributor
539 posts
7 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: Book direct or on hotels.com?

Exciting! When do you go? We go in October and can't wait!

Reply to: Book direct or on hotels.com?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Royal Davui Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.