We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Davui or Namale???

Stafford, United...
1 post
Royal Davui or Namale???

Hi,

Im looking to book up for my honeymoon in August this year and was all set to go for RD until I heard about the snakes!!! I'm personally not that bothered but I know my partner will be

So after looking around I have come across Namale - does anyone have experience of both and can recommend one over the other?

Also interested to hear from people who have stayed at RD to get their thoughts on the resort

Thanks

Indy

9 replies to this topic
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
9,886 posts
9 reviews
43 helpful votes
1. Re: Royal Davui or Namale???

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Fiji is a great choice for your honeymoon.

Haven't stayed at Royal Davui or Namale, so can't comment. To learn information from people who have stayed at the resorts, suggest reading the reviews for each resort, then private message posters with questions. The replies we got for the resorts we were interested helped in making our decisions. Keep in mind there will be both negative and positive comments. It is impossible for a resort to be all things to everyone.

Edited: 11 years ago
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
106 reviews
84 helpful votes
2. Re: Royal Davui or Namale???

I havent been to either but Tony Robbins owns Namale and expects nothing but the best. Have read some unforgettable experiences there - they really go out of their way to please you. I'm sure you wont regret it :)

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
28 helpful votes
3. Re: Royal Davui or Namale???

Heard good things about Namale but never been. We saw no snakes at all at Royal Davui and loved it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
111 reviews
81 helpful votes
4. Re: Royal Davui or Namale???

Congrats on your wedding and honeymoon :)

Pictures of the resort will show this quite noticably (there are not a lot of photos of the "beach" at Namale).

Namale's biggest issue is it's lack of beach. When the beach is there, it's not the grandest (seaweed), and depending on the tide it's almost completely gone. Plus side is you can snorkel straight off it.

Royal Davui might experience the odd sea snake, but so do most of the waters around Fiji. Heck you see them off the Coral Coast as well. Sea snakes are very shy though, and unless you stick a finger in their mouth, their fangs can't really bite humans. To my knowledge there has never been any reported deaths as a result of them.

If your (then) wife is scared of creepy crawlies, perhaps reconsider Fiji completely, as almost every resort in Fiji you will see house geckos. You either fall into one of three categories with them:

1. Eww creepy crawlies they freak me out.

2. Meh they are just geckos.

3. Awwww cute geckos!!

They are a little noise though as they chirp to communicate with each other.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
5. Re: Royal Davui or Namale???

I've never been to Namale but my husband and I had an amazing 8 nights on Royal Davui for our honeymoon back in 2007. It was incredible. We spent a fair bit of time in and around the water and didn't see a single sea snake.

The staff were extremely friendly, the food and the rooms were beautiful and it was the perfect honeymoon destination.

Pacific Coast...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
13,880 posts
148 reviews
331 helpful votes
6. Re: Royal Davui or Namale???

You will find the odd sea snake anywhere in Fiji,they are very shy and swim away from you.The lack of beach at Namale would be a big reason for me not to go. Fiji is all about it's white sand beaches and blue lagoons.

Have heard nothing but amazing reports about Royal Davui.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
14 helpful votes
7. Re: Royal Davui or Namale???

We just got back from 10 nights at Royal Davui and it was lovely. The honeymoon couples there loved it! Can't think of a single negative and not a single snake to be seen. I would go back in a heartbeat. Very romantic and the vales are so private. It's honeymoon heaven.

Edited: 9 years ago
London
Level Contributor
539 posts
7 reviews
4 helpful votes
8. Re: Royal Davui or Namale???

Thanks for the feedback, we're hoping to go to RD on our honeymoon next year so personal experiences are always helpful

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
25 helpful votes
9. Re: Royal Davui or Namale???

We went to Royal Davui for our Honeymoon in April and we didn't see a single snake. We too had read the reports re: snakes after we had booked, I personally am petrified of snakes and was looking for them the whole time we were there and didn't see any, we have seen more around the Mamanuca Islands

Reply to: Royal Davui or Namale???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Royal Davui Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.