We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Webb City...
1 post
Honeymoon

We were to leave for our honeymoon on the 22nd to go to this resort in figi. Has anyone heard anything about this area. Waiting to hear from travel agent, but I'm dying to know something!!

2 replies to this topic
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
9,855 posts
9 reviews
43 helpful votes
1. Re: Honeymoon

Bula Ed,

The following is from Facebook for Royal Davui. No structural damage to the resort. Hope this helps.

Royal Davui Island Resort ~ Fiji

23 hours ago

Bula Vinaka Gang,

I've just heard from the island and after a full day and night of strong winds, heavy rain and general nastiness I am pleased to let you know that there has been no structural damage to the island, villas or buildings. All the staff and guests are safe and well.

The seas are still rough around the lagoon but the weather is starting to settle down. The clean up has already started and everything is returning back to normal.

Thank you al for your thoughts and prayers yesterday, it clearly made a difference. Comms to the island are still down and may take a few days to get back up and running. Please bear with us at this time. If you do need to contact us please email me here in the Australian reservations office on res@royaldavui.com

Vinaka

Chrisa

Here is the link to their face book.

https://www.facebook.com/Royal.Davui.Island.Resort.Fiji?fref=ts

Fiji Islands
7 posts
2. Re: Honeymoon

Bula Vinaka,

My name is Christopher Southwick and I am the Director of Sales & Marketing for Royal Davui.

I just wanted to up-date you on the condition of the island.

Royal Davui has come out of the storm without any structural damage. Of course the garden is unavoidably windswept, but in Fiji the vegetation bounces back very fast.

The team at Davui are currently cleaning up the gardens and beaches. All the island boats have survived as well so the island is back to normal operations already.

I hope this brief message has helped to put your mind at ease.

Vinaka

Chris

Reply to: Honeymoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Royal Davui Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.