We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers not showing up for Royal Davui

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
7 helpful votes
Transfers not showing up for Royal Davui

I've been reading some reviews on the Royal Davui and there is a worrying theme that repeats which is that people turn up at the airport with no one to meet them and no plane in sight.

Has this happened to anybody? What to do if it does? Who to contact (is a credit card or local currency needed to phone the Royal Davui?)

Thanks

P.S.

Is it possible to spend US dollars in the airport? Or better to bring a few Fijian dollars (in case we're stuck in the airport at 4am in the morning).

Fiji Islands
7 posts
1. Re: Transfers not showing up for Royal Davui

Bula Vinaka Potassium,

My name is Chris and I look after the sales and marketing for Royal Davui. Thank you for posting your question on Trip Advisor.

Royal Davui Island has two scheduled transfers a day with the first on departing at 915am and the second at 4pm. We actually own the plane that we do the transfers in, with our pilot manning our dedicated check-in counter prior to the flights. Our counter is manned 30 mins prior to the scheduled departure, however there are times when our pilot is running behind schedule with guests checking out (weather etc) and unfortunately has arrived late to check in guests. On the screen behind the counter is the telephone number for the resort for such times. All of this information is available from our website.

At times we also out-source to a different company for the flights when our plane is in for routine maintenance or we have a large number of passengers flying. During this time our pilot is not the person checking guests in and it has been during these times that the third party that we have contracted in have let us down. We have had meetings with the companies that we have contracted for these days and believe we have reached an understanding of what we expect from their staff insofar as guest services are concerned.

In regard to our other questions.

The direct number for the resort is +679 3307090 if you require it.

The girls at the front desk will be able to assist you.

The stores and cafes at the airport will only accept Fijian Dollars so I would recommend changing a small amount at the ANZ bank which you will find at the arrivals hall.

if you have any other questions please feel free to contact me: christopher@royaldavui.com

Vinaka

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Transfers not showing up for Royal Davui

Thank you Chris for putting my mind at ease.

I assume its a small airport and the desk is obvious to find?

Fiji Islands
7 posts
3. Re: Transfers not showing up for Royal Davui

Bula Potassium,

Yes, it is a rather small airport with only 4 Domestic check in counters. Ours is inbetween Pacific Sun and Pacific Island Seaplane services.

The screen behind our desk has our logo on it, so you should not have any issues finding it. I would recommend that you download our PDF with a map of the airport so that you know exactly where you are heading:

http://www.royaldavui.com/downloads/Transfers%20and%20General%20Info.pdf

Safe Travels.

Vinaka

Chris

4. Re: Transfers not showing up for Royal Davui

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Royal Davui Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.