We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trulli in walking distance of Locorotondo

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
Trulli in walking distance of Locorotondo

Cannot seem to find nice trulli accomodation for 2 within walking distance of the town. Like to enjoy the local restaurants and bars in the evening without having to drive. Has anyone stayed in one please. All the nearer holiday rentals are not Trulli and it is a lifelong dream to stay in one. Thank you for any help.

8 replies to this topic
Virginia
Level Contributor
4,503 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Trulli in walking distance of Locorotondo

That is a common conundrum--stay in town and walk to places at night OR stay in the countryside. If you have enough time on your trip, you might consider splitting your time so you can do both. I am sure it is safe to walk at night, but I would worry a bit about getting hit by a car walking along the road at night, plus many of the towns are atop hills.

London
Level Contributor
523 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Trulli in walking distance of Locorotondo

There are plenty of trulli within walking distance of Alberobello - it's flat and the roads are mostly all lit within 1km or so of town. Lots of people do stay out there - some in campsites, others in trullis or houses - and walk in. We do. Never felt unsafe but the roads are not very busy.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Trulli in walking distance of Locorotondo

Thanks for replying. We had heard it was a bit touristy and so had hoped to stay near Locorotondo instead. We will keep searching for now!

London
Level Contributor
523 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Trulli in walking distance of Locorotondo

Depending on when you hope to visit, you will find that Locorotondo is also 'touristy' around its centro storico - but yes, as a UNESCO site, Alberobello is considered a must-see (like Matera and Lecce, but as it is smaller it can seem much busier). Tour parties visit in the daytime though - unless you plan on hanging around the centre between 10am and 6pm, which isn't that likely, you won't be greatly bothered. If your interest is in the trulli then it's the capital and you will find it easier to rent locally

Edited: 16 July 2016, 05:43
Ottawa
Level Contributor
963 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Trulli in walking distance of Locorotondo

I loved my stay at Masseria Aprile, http://www.masseriaaprile.it/it/home/, about 1 kilometer outside of Locorotondo. You can see my review here: https:/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Stefania, the daughter, speaks English and will gladly answer any questions. You can contact her through the email on the site.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Trulli in walking distance of Locorotondo

Thank you very much. I will check it out!

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
143 reviews
7. Re: Trulli in walking distance of Locorotondo

I'm looking for a taxi company or tour operator in or near Locorotondo, who might offer pickup from the train station, and a short, mostly driving tour of both the city center and nearby trulli. Then, we would return to the train station. This would possibly take an hour or so.

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
143 reviews
8. Re: Trulli in walking distance of Locorotondo

I'm looking for a taxi company or tour operator in or near Locorotondo, who might offer pickup from the train station, and a short, mostly driving tour of both the city center and nearby trulli. Then, we would return to the train station. This would possibly take an hour or so.

Reply to: Trulli in walking distance of Locorotondo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Locorotondo