We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Between illa dor area and pinewalk

Nottingham
Level Contributor
21 posts
Between illa dor area and pinewalk

Just really after information re food shopping from this area, bakery, supermarket as not hiring a car. And any suggestions re places to eat, states that 10 mins walk to centre along pine walk. many thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
1. Re: Between illa dor area and pinewalk

Bit more than 10 minutes.There is a bakery on Calle Formentor on right hand side before Banca March nearly opposite the Sports Bar.There is a small supermarket Voramar one block back from the start of Pine Walk by Resto Corb Mari.Prices on the high side but you pay for convenience and they seem to stock everything.Even top up your mobile with a card.They open long hours even on a Sunday when Eroski is closed.There is also a smaller supermarket in the block of shops 100m to the left as you emerge from the Main Entrance of Hotel Illa d'Or but it's bog basic.

On Pine Walk 3 places worthy of mention for meals.Little Italy for pasta,pizza at good prices.Lovely setting.Restaurant of Hostal Bahia especially if you eat outside under the pine trees at the edge of the beach.Resto Corb Mari (used to be called Becfi) but DON'T eat out on the pavement from the Snacks Menu.Eat inside and choose from the full menu for an excellent choice of fresh fish,steak,chicken cooked over the charcoal grill.You can pre-select your grill from the refrigerated display before it is cooked.The mixed kebabs are delish.Not cheap but not over-expensive.Their chickens are free range,don't have much breast on them in fact they are scrawny by UK standards but the flavour! A favourite of mine for 30 years.

Are you staying at Club Illa d'Or,Pollensamar,Hotel Illa d'Or or elsewhere?

Edited: 08 July 2010, 10:52
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Between illa dor area and pinewalk

We stay not too far from you and tend to walk into the centre of town on our first day and get a shopping 'load' in from the Eroski supermarket there, then take a taxi back to the appartments (5-6 Euros). The one in the centre is not as large as the others but it is close enought to walk to.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
21 posts
3. Re: Between illa dor area and pinewalk

Many thanks for all the information. We are staying at the Bonanza apartments over looking Hotel illa dor. Our second holiday through owners direct and second holiday abroad with children. Hoping to get out and about a bit in early mornings to see something other than beach and pool. Do you have any information on the sort of time the buses start in the am. Anything you can suggest to see re history?

I have been told about the must see sandcastles on the beach does this still happen?

looking forward to holiday...although still get nervous re no holiday rep, yes I am one of those mums that checks the pharmacy, Doctor and hospital before booking a holiday.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
4. Re: Between illa dor area and pinewalk

Yes the sand sculptures on the beach in front of Hotel Capri are there every day.Put a few cents in the guy's box.That is how he makes his living.Also we now see the living statues (Mime artists) on the promenade just like the ones from Las Ramblas in Barcelona.I often wonder where they make up before getting on their box.

The buses to Palma start very early like 6.30am.To Alcudia,Cala San Vicente nearer to 9am.To Formentor even later but do take that one for the panoramas.

I can't help you about local history.Not my subject.

You are staying in a nice quiet area.

5. Re: Between illa dor area and pinewalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations