We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona to Torla, Torla to San Sebastian

Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Barcelona to Torla, Torla to San Sebastian

Hi guys

Can someone advise on the easiest way from Barcelona to Torla and Torla to San Sebastian?

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Barcelona to Torla, Torla to San Sebastian

We are planing to take public transportation (trains preferred) from Barcelona to Torla, Torla to San Sebastian. It is hard to figure out the best way to get there, particularly Barcelona to Torla. Please help!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
221 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Barcelona to Torla, Torla to San Sebastian

hi, I just came back from Spain. My trip include Torla (visiting Ordesa national park) and Barcelona. I took Alosa bus from Barcelona to Torla. The bus leave from Barcelona to Barbastra then change bus from Barbastra to Torla. The total travel time is four and half hours only if you take express bus from Barcelona to Barbastra in 2:30 pm afternoon in Barcelona Sans bus station.(right outside of train station). However the bus from Barbastra to Torla only available every Tuesday and Thursday (leave from Barbastra 5:15 pm). The arrival time of express bus from Barcelona to Barbastra will allow only 15 minutes to connect the bus. I was very lucky to get on the bus five minutes before the departure. However you can take early bus from Barcelona to avoid the potential delay arrival. I suggest you to look at Alosa website to get more details. I think you also can take bus from Torla to Sabinanigo then connect the bus to San Sebastian. The view from Barbastra to Torla is unbelievable stunning beautiful.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Barcelona to Torla, Torla to San Sebastian

Thank you so much! This is REALLY helpful. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Tathra, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
4. Re: Barcelona to Torla, Torla to San Sebastian

HI I am just wondering if anyone has an up date regarding public transport from Barcelona to Torla on a Sunday and Toral to San Sebastion on a Thursday. Unfortunately I won't be able to book to stay in Torla if I can't get the transport to work. Any help appreciated.

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 posts
1 review
5. Re: Barcelona to Torla, Torla to San Sebastian

Hi all,

I'm going to the Pyrenees in late June (2018) and am also having some difficulty figuring our the public transportation options from Barcelona to Torla-Ordesa. On the different bus sites I search (alsa.es, avanzabus.com etc), I cant seem to find anything for the specific date (June 30th) and route. Rome2rio indicates there's the option to go from Barcelona to Barbastro by bus and then from Barbastro to Torla. However, this is without the date/time filter, so I'm wondering what schedule options there actually is.

I get in to Barcelona (BCN) on June 30th at 12.30 PM, and I would very much like to get to Torla this same day to spend the night there. Can anyone tell anything about my options to get there by bus/train/other means? Or point me to the best sites to search for routes / buy tickets?

Also, do you know if the reason why I can't seem to find the routes on the bus websites is because it's simply too early to find te routes for this date, or if it's rather because they don't offer the route?

Last but not least, when I (hopefully) find a possible route for June 30th, is t advisable/possible to buy tickets ahead of time, or should I get them at the bus station / on the bus?

Any information would be highly appreciated. Thanks very much for your time!

Best wishes,

Hanne

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
221 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Barcelona to Torla, Torla to San Sebastian

Hello. I was in Torla two years ago by taking a bus from Barcelona connect in Barbastra. The bus from Barbastra to Torla only available every Tuesday and Thursday depart 5:15 pm. You need to take bus from Barcelona before 12 pm to ensure the connection every Tuesday and Thursday. However there is another option in Every Sunday. There is a bus from Barbastra to Ainsa depart in 19:00 pm. People can stay in Ainsa rather in Torla because there are more accommodations. Ainsa is very close to Torla and Taxi can provide the service to Ordessa national park

Reply to: Barcelona to Torla, Torla to San Sebastian
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted