We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campervan Parking while hiking Routeburn

Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Campervan Parking while hiking Routeburn

Hi!

So excited for our NZ trip in February. Planning a month-long trip has me researching and planning full-time! Cannot wait.

I'm needing some advice on where would be the best place to park our campervan for a few days while we hike the Routeburn trail Feb 22-24. I've booked the campsites already, we're starting from the Routeburn Shelter, and will take the transport bus (probably Kiwi Discovery) from Te Anau back to the start.

I've thought about contacting our Air bnb hosts to see if they would let us park the campervan at their place (we're staying at an actual home in Glenorchy the night before we hit the trail...a final night of luxury before all the camping haha!) but I wasn't sure if this was appropriate. I didn't want to impose on our hosts.

Thank you in advance, cheers. :)

Mentioned in this post
Te Anau
Te Anau
Fiordland National Park, New Zealand
2 replies to this topic
Queenstown NZ
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Campervan Parking while hiking Routeburn

You can leave a campervan anywhere is Glenorchy township. It's safe and a common practice. Glenorchy Journeys runs a bus daily from Glenorchy to the Routeburn Shelter and from Queenstown to Glenorchy.

Mentioned in this post
Queenstown
Queenstown
Otago Region, New Zealand
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
29,562 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campervan Parking while hiking Routeburn

yes, feel free to ask your hosts - they will be happy to help and advise :)

Reply to: Campervan Parking while hiking Routeburn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glenorchy