We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon End May/Beginning June ideas

Cotswolds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
6 helpful votes
Honeymoon End May/Beginning June ideas

Hi,

I’m looking for some ideas for somewhere for my fiancé and I to go after we get married end of May. So we’re looking to go for a week end of May-into beginning of June.

We are planning on a trip around Italy later in the year (Sept/Oct time). So this trip we are hoping to be relaxing, warm. Somewhere to just spend quality time together. Somewhere peaceful, maybe adult only as conscious this is May Half Term (UK).

We are travelling from UK. I haven’t been abroad since pre Covid and my partner longer so we are quite out of practice in looking into abroad holidays. Thought it would be good to get some input!

Looked at Mauritius but wasn’t sure what weather would be like as know it’s between seasons.

Open to Europe/further afield.

Interested in ideas of nice locations for warm weather, relaxing, peaceful etc. hotel suggestions also welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
558 reviews
143 helpful votes
1. Re: Honeymoon End May/Beginning June ideas

Possibly Malta ( St. Julian if you want lively atmosphere; the island of Gozo for quieter and more rural; the capital, Rabat with a lovely little Relais et Chateaux hotel is positively sleepy); Morocco (Fez, Marrakech, maybe a night in a luxury encampment on the edge of the Sahara). There are also beach resorts on the Atlantic coast of Morocco but I haven't been there.

Farther afield, I believe there are nonstop flights from Heathrow to Cancun where you will find adult only resorts and also all-inclusive ones, if that's of interest.

BA flies nonstop to Nassau, Bahamas from London; May weather should be very good there but note that the U.S. State Dept just issued an advisory that increased caution is needed b/c of big increase in gang-related crime.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
48,211 posts
26 reviews
94 helpful votes
2. Re: Honeymoon End May/Beginning June ideas

" somewhere peaceful, maybe adult only"

Weather end of May beginning of June is usually still very nice throughout the Caribbean and Europe...

You can pretty much take your pick of those destinations

As for ADULT ONLY, the many areas of Mexico have a great deal of adult only all inclusive resorts to choose from.

Also, the Dominican Republic has many of the same hotel chains represented, and also very good adult only hotels to choose from.

Tripadvisors dedicated Mauritius "Destination" Forum

is where to ask questions/seek advice and feedback specifically about Mauritius

Local members and Experts give travel advice daily

Edited: 29 January 2024, 11:01
Allen, Texas
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
12,518 posts
171 reviews
148 helpful votes
3. Re: Honeymoon End May/Beginning June ideas

We went at that time last year to Kefalonia (Greece) and loved the beaches — amaaaaazing. Definitely adults. Flip side, most were of the 60-80ish demographic. We were the (relative) young ones. Would certainly return.

4. Re: Honeymoon End May/Beginning June ideas

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines? Edited: 03 April 2024, 03:38
5. Re: Honeymoon End May/Beginning June ideas

Tripadvisor staff has removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guidelines with regards to off-topic chat.

What are forum guidelines?
6. Re: Honeymoon End May/Beginning June ideas

Tripadvisor staff has removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guidelines with regards to off-topic chat.

7. Re: Honeymoon End May/Beginning June ideas

What are forum guidelines? Edited: 03 April 2024, 03:39
8. Re: Honeymoon End May/Beginning June ideas

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

9. Re: Honeymoon End May/Beginning June ideas

10. Re: Honeymoon End May/Beginning June ideas

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.