We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI for 10 year anniversary trip

Ohio
5 posts
AI for 10 year anniversary trip

Hi! I am looking for recommendations for a 10 year anniversary trip. Secrets Maroma Beach is where we stayed for our honeymoon. We did a Preferred Club King Ocean View Room and loved it! I have also heard good things about Secrets Cap Cana, Secrets Moxache, and Secrets Akumal. Has anyone stayed there and have any thoughts on them or comparisons among them?

Atelier is another place that came highly recommended. Is the Inspira level worth it? It looks SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive (upwards of $4,000 for a week stay). I feel like the preferred club was not that big of an upgrade!

Also, what's the deal with Excellence Playa Mujeres and being so cheap? Their website lets me book an Excellence Club Two-Story Rooftop Terrace Suite Ocean Front for a week with airfare for only $5,500.

Also open to other resorts. Anywhere in the Gulf or Caribbean is fine location-wise as long as there is a pretty beach. We definitely want to be able to relax and not have to worry about anything. We want great food options, too! We enjoyed the food at Secrets Maroma Beach. We liked the variety -- different restaurants, quick bites, and beach service. The swim up bars were nice too.

2 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
558 reviews
143 helpful votes
1. Re: AI for 10 year anniversary trip

@ Lauren,

We're all volunteers on TA. There's only one regular contributor to this forum with detailed, current knowledge of Caribbean resorts and even she may not be able to answer your specific questions. I'd suggest you go to the Destination Forums for each of the places where these resorts are located and read reviews. You might also post your questions on those Forums and see if any of the contributors or Destination Experts can help.

You could also contact a travel agency.....

Hope you get some answers.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
21,324 posts
15 reviews
22 helpful votes
2. Re: AI for 10 year anniversary trip

#1 to CV recommendation.

Each of your destinations has a dedicated Destination Forum. That's where you'll find people familiar with your specific properties, be able to answer questions, make suggestions, etc .

Each of those brands also have active FB and IG pages, very helpful with specifics on the various properties.

This forum is a worldwide general beach forum - more geared towards those looking for a general beach destination - and then the Destination Forum fills in the specifics..

Good luck. And congrats.

Reply to: AI for 10 year anniversary trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.