We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Caribbean Destination October 2024

Weatherford...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Looking for a Caribbean Destination October 2024

Looking for a Caribbean Destination October 2024 for inexperienced travelers on their honeymoon. 1 has been to Mexico and some US locations, the other traveler has very limited travel experience. Any advise or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
48,259 posts
26 reviews
94 helpful votes
1. Re: Looking for a Caribbean Destination October 2024

What is your criteria, other than Caribbean in October?

There are countless hotels at all prices on dozens of islands......

IF All Inclusive, Adult Only hotels are what youre interested in ld recommend looking at Jamaica, the Dominican Republic or Mexico

You can Search the HOTELS Section of Any of those Destination Forums here on Tripadvisor to find Hotels you like the look of, are within the Price Range you want to pay per night, and have the Amenities youre

looking for

Heres a link to Tripadvisors Caribbean Destination Forums ...

Each one has its own Hotel Section with photos, prices and reviews....

And local Experts who give travel advice daily

Have a look and see what interests you...

When you find some hotels you like, you can ask for feedback about them on the relevant Destination Forum

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g147237-i26-Caribbean.html

Edited: 08 January 2024, 18:08
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
9,961 posts
558 reviews
143 helpful votes
2. Re: Looking for a Caribbean Destination October 2024

Once you have narrowed down you choices to a few, I would spend some time figuring out how easy or difficult it will be to fly there. Flying from Oklahoma, I expect you are going to have to change planes at least once in Miami, Atlanta, Houston or some other airline hub. I'd make sure my destination did not require a second plane change , especially if I the honeymoon is no more than 10 days long.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
83 reviews
25 helpful votes
3. Re: Looking for a Caribbean Destination October 2024

Just a reminder that October is hurricane season in the Caribbean. It doesn't mean that it will definitely happen or that it will hit the island you're on, but there is a chance at that time of year.

There are some islands that are less likely to be hit, like Aruba, Curacao, or Bonaire. Out of the three, I've been to Aruba and think this would be a good honeymoon option for you.

Reply to: Looking for a Caribbean Destination October 2024
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.