We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Honeymoon in Europe on a budget July/August 2024

3 posts
Help! Honeymoon in Europe on a budget July/August 2024

Hi!

Me and my boyfriend are from central Europe and are getting married at the end of July 2024. We want to have our honeymoon last week of July and early August (2 or 3 weeks). We are not experienced travellers and usually spend our summer holidays in Croatia, but would like something different for honeymoon. We would prefer to go somewhere beautiful and stay in one place the whole time, where we could chill by the sea but also go do some sightseeing. We are willing to spend around 2.000-3.000€ for both of us, including flights. It doesen't need to be anything fancy, we are also willing to cook our own food if needed. That's why I was thinking somewhere in Europe or it could be somewheree further, if the flights are not so expensive (would love to go to Bali, if the flights weren't almost our whole budget). Basically what would be the best destination where you can get the most for the least amount of money, also taking into account everything that is happening in the world and weather being so unpredictable (floods and fires this year)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

3 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
558 reviews
143 helpful votes
1. Re: Help! Honeymoon in Europe on a budget July/August 2024

Although I have never been there, I have read that Bulgaria is a pleasant country to visit with good beach resorts on the Black Sea. It is also reported to be less expensive than Croatia. It is also considered a safe destination at the present time.

You might also look into Morocco. It has both an Atlantic coast and a Mediterranean coast. Morocco will be very hot in July/August but ocean breezes should make it tolerable. Morocco suffered a bad earthquake earlier this year but I believe the mountain villages in the center were most affected. If the idea is appealing to you, first see how expensive airfares to Casablanca are. If they are cheap, then I suggest going to the Morocco Forum for more detailed advice. I was in Morocco for 2 weeks in early 2023 but spent it touring the country and did not spend any time at a beach resort so I cannot help with details. Food is good in Morocco but you must drink bottled water only or water that has been boiled, as in mint tea.

Allen, Texas
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
12,518 posts
171 reviews
148 helpful votes
2. Re: Help! Honeymoon in Europe on a budget July/August 2024

That time of year might be good for Bulgaria re weather… might throw some Greece into the mix as an option…?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
48,211 posts
26 reviews
94 helpful votes
3. Re: Help! Honeymoon in Europe on a budget July/August 2024

Luceey

It would be a good idea to add your home country/location to your profile ( as most members do) ....Its a quick Edit

This helps us help you, by letting other members know where youre flying from..

Then we wont waste time suggesting your own country to you either

Edited: 14 December 2023, 04:11
Reply to: Help! Honeymoon in Europe on a budget July/August 2024
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.