We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona to paris

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Barcelona to paris

Hello. Has anyone taken the train from Barcelona to Paris? I am trying to put together a trip to Barcelona. In addition to my Paris trip. mostly would like to Do you train travel as I have never done this in Europe and also be able to take in the scenery. would appreciate any advice you may have. TI

6 replies to this topic
Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
18,094 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Barcelona to paris

If you are new to train travel in Europe I suggest you start by spending some time on this website: http://www.seat61.com

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
67 posts
2. Re: Barcelona to paris

Thank you so much for this information. Are there several types of trains going these routes?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16,466 posts
38 reviews
52 helpful votes
3. Re: Barcelona to paris

What do you mean by several types, speed or connection?

There are 2 direct (meaning you do not change train) trains , at 9:28 am and 1:25 pm, taking roughly 6 hrs 50 mins.

Departs Paris Gare de Lyon station and arrive at Barcelona Sants station, the train is TGV Inoui.

See sncf-connect.com for schedules

More info with photos of interior etc

https://www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/vlak.php?zeme=SNCF&kategorie=TGV&cislo=9708/6034&nazev=TGV%20InOui&rok=2023

Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
18,094 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Barcelona to paris

At the moment only SNCF runs direct trains on this route. RENFE intends to operate this route as well, but as is common with RENFE we will only know when they intend to start when the actually start.

But the seat61 site does a good job explaining the options.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
86,449 posts
78 reviews
93 helpful votes
5. Re: Barcelona to paris

In July and August there will be an additional SNCF train from Barcelona to Paris at 1604hrs, but arrival in Paris will be rather late in the evening.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
119,988 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
6. Re: Barcelona to paris

Are you flying to Barcelona and only taking the train one way?

Reply to: Barcelona to paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.