We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transportation Croatia (taxi/shuttle)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Private transportation Croatia (taxi/shuttle)

Hello everyone :)

Do you have any experiences with booking a private driver in Croatia?

Thank you in advance!

6 replies to this topic
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
224 reviews
1. Re: Private transportation Croatia (taxi/shuttle)

As a rule the hotel is the better option to pursue a private driver. The drivers and the hotel do have an agreement in place. Both the hotel and the driver have incentive for you to be pleased with the service at the end of the day. Bad service from the driver will reflect badly on the hotel.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,431 posts
217 reviews
2. Re: Private transportation Croatia (taxi/shuttle)

You’ll probably get more and better answers if you post on the destination forum.

Using hotels to arrange car services/taxis usually means a much higher cost as the hotel will often take a percentage of the total fare.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
14,386 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Private transportation Croatia (taxi/shuttle)

Seems logical to ask these types of local questions on Croatia forum, not on business travel forum.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
5,415 posts
655 reviews
4. Re: Private transportation Croatia (taxi/shuttle)

Well if the OP is looking for a driver for a tour, then, yes, Croatia forum is better. But if he is planning a transfer as part of a business trip, then we can help. Of course it would me a more generic answer unless any of us has a real local experience.

When I don't know a place, I first ask my client to organise a driver. Often, outside of Europe, I will be provided one of the company's driver. When this is not an option, then either Uber (available in Zagreb) or, as mentioned above, the hotel. The latter will be indeed more expensive, but also more secure and efficient.

Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
381 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Private transportation Croatia (taxi/shuttle)

I’ve had good luck with these guys: https:/…

Mexico City, Mexico
5 posts
6. Re: Private transportation Croatia (taxi/shuttle)

Hello! If you still need an answer - I'd better advice you to rent a car for some days if you have a driver's license. I used to have a private drivers two times and I can tell you that there were two different drivers - one of them was a good driver, but he didn't know English and there was a language barrier. Another driver had a good skills in English, but I didn't like his driving style

Reply to: Private transportation Croatia (taxi/shuttle)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions