We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need tips for Solo female travelling outside Canada

Need tips for Solo female travelling outside Canada

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

4 replies to this topic
Italy
Level Contributor
21,236 posts
1. Re: Need tips for Solo female travelling outside Canada

No visa for seven days.

Insurance is like anything else. How lucky do you feel? The safe thing is to get it. I don't know what's available at the moment.

You come when you want or can. The other thing is to think about what you want to do or see. There are seasonal events. If you want to see them you travel then.

Buy your tickets direct from the airline. Use Google flights to find the flight you want then go to the airline website and book.

2. Re: Need tips for Solo female travelling outside Canada

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,739 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Need tips for Solo female travelling outside Canada

welcome

Note....62 y/o SOLO MALE traveler again.

some of your questions isnt sex/gender related, so take or leave.

"...Is medical insurance or any other insurance very important for 7 days trip and if yes which bank i need to get one from?.."

this is up to you.

Consider if you didnt have any where you live and needed medical help. what would happen? No different but you wouold be in a different country and with different laws.

form what i could tell, travel/trip insurnace for the most part will be purchased from companies dealing in your country. There are some that will cross boarders but i dont deal with them.

".....What are the best months to enjoy Europe trip?..."

A travel book will have ALOT of info like this. If you want to piecemeal your questions AND answers, its up to you. Agian, a travel book.

here is a statistical weather site i use. note, its open to ANNUAL weather so i can get an idea on how to pack. I dont use it for daily forecasts. And you can input whatever place you want IN Scotland, but some places are not listed.

https://www.holiday-weather.com/edinburgh/averages/

"....I am not big fan of hot weather i like breeze but ofcourse not snow lol..."

sorry, im not a fan of subjective words like "hot weather". whats hot? whats cold, how blue is blue? get the idea? And you may eventually experience that everyone is different.

"....What are the best flight deals apps where i can purchase ticket from?..."

try using

http://www.skyscanner.com

http://www.kayak.com

and there are others but it will be a start.

USE the above or any other search engines to SEARCH for flights, THEN buy from the airlines direct. Why you ask? Because if ANYTHING were to go wrong, you would have to contact the site you made the purchase from and the airlines will know this. So its best to deal directly with the airlines since they are the ones flying you someplace.

There maybe times when you cant buy direct, but buy direct when you can.

Do you know the difference between Round Trip and Open Jaw/Multi city? I will let you google for it. OJ may come in handy some day.

if/when you buy ANY tickets and especially overseas, PAY ATTENTION to the dates of arrival and also going back. Also PAY ATTENTION to the connections airports and how much time you have to make that connection.

Also, PAY ATTENTION to your flight monthly at the minimum. Yes, they are SUPPOSED to notify you of any changes, but do you want to RELY on that happening.?

And, If you screw up, you should have 24? 48? hours to cancel without charges.

And if you are gonig to travel, consider buying FLEXIBLE tickets. They will cost you more and they usually give you more things for it, but consider the FLEXIBILITY if you need it before your flight.

And if there ARE any changes in your flight, they airlines will probably give you an EASY OUT. Such as cancel without fee/charges and or allow you to change the flights, agian, without fees/charges.

On my across the pond flights, i book ~ 11 months out. If you want to play their game, go for it. and if you want, some airlines sites will have a "calendar" of prices. If they acutally sell at those prices how nows.

The idea is that they only get MORE EXPENSIVE the closer to your date of travel. Dont belive me, look at a flight to EDI in the next few days and note the price. Then change it to the end of the year and again, look at the price. COMPARE prices and note which one makes you want to forget about traveling. The exercise you just did was called a FAUX BOOKING. You can do that for trains too.

"....What are the best options for me to travel in Europe as a first-time solo traveler? Do you have any recomm...."

Im not sure what you want here. If you dont want to do your own research/planning...ect, you can hire a travel agent and they will do the research and planning for you. . FOR A FEE

If you want go and find one in your town and either call or visit if they have a storefront. Ask them a price estimate for what you want or think you want. they will have questons for you too.

travel is travel. Its no different if you were cross the boarder into the USA or Vancouver Canada or MExico.

to me, its more important you actually GO and DO. how you do it, is irrelevant. The money will be important to you as you have alluded to.

Figure out what you want to do and then go from there.

again, get a travel book and start reading. I did my 1st trip reading books. They have a wealth of info. Such as what airports to use, such as EDI, how to get from the airport into town, recommendations on where to stay, things to do and see, day trips and how to get there, where else in Scotland there are things to do and see and how to get there. sometimes how long you need, festivals and events, WEATHER and high and low season, ...ect

if you want, come back and re ask your NEW questions. You WILL have some and maybe many !

good luck

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
29,314 posts
335 reviews
164 helpful votes
4. Re: Need tips for Solo female travelling outside Canada

“ Is medical insurance or any other insurance very important for 7 days trip and if yes which bank i need to get one from?”

Do you already have insurance that would cover the loss of your luggage? Can you afford to pay for medical treatment if you’re ill or in an accident, maybe a six figure sum? Could you pay for an emergency flight home? If the answer is no then you need travel insurance.

“What are the best months to enjoy Europe trip?”

It depends on whether you’re looking for guaranteed sun or you don’t care. Will you travel in high season eg school holidays, on bank holidays? Prices are much higher then.

“What are the best flight deals apps where i can purchase ticket from?”

Book direct with the airline

“What are the best options for me to travel in Europe as a first-time solo traveler?”

What do you mean by “Best”?

“Do you have any recommendations for traveling with a company or without one?”

These forums are used mostly by people who want to arrange their own travel, book their own flights, accommodation etc.

Reply to: Need tips for Solo female travelling outside Canada
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.