We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety advice: solo females; avoid garden hse hotel Istanbul

Stourton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Safety advice: solo females; avoid garden hse hotel Istanbul

With regret I need to post this on the forum as a complaint I submitted against a predatory male member of staff at the above is still working there, despite my being informed he had been asked to leave,

Evidently the hotel have no respect for sole female travellers despite my verbal and written evidence having been submitted. This man is misogynistic, threatening and tells lies to manipulate situations and get you to retract your complaint.

It was clear in hindsight that he was preparing to make unwanted moves by giving me a false identity age and nationality and stating there was wine in the terrace which I thought was the restaurant at the hotel, but it turned out his meaning was somewhat else.

Please be careful.

Thank you

4 replies to this topic
penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
34,638 posts
54 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: Safety advice: solo females; avoid garden hse hotel Istanbul

Have you posted this in TA, Google and other sites , hotel reviews sections.

They seem to have very good reviews on TA.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d596942-Reviews-Hotel_Garden_House-Istanbul.html

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
20,842 posts
31 reviews
43 helpful votes
2. Re: Safety advice: solo females; avoid garden hse hotel Istanbul

Much more practical to do a review. The forums are barely publicised by TA and millions of people use the site purely for the review section so they are less likely to find this thread in the forums.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel, Houston
Level Contributor
23,826 posts
177 reviews
131 helpful votes
3. Re: Safety advice: solo females; avoid garden hse hotel Istanbul

Totally agree with PP in #2 - Write a review here on TripAdvisor and also a review on Google.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
120,023 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
4. Re: Safety advice: solo females; avoid garden hse hotel Istanbul

I will add my voice in support of writing some reviews. It will be far more effective at getting your warning across.

Reply to: Safety advice: solo females; avoid garden hse hotel Istanbul
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.