We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Powerchair Q50R taking it on a plane

1 post
Powerchair Q50R taking it on a plane

I am travelling with tui in June to Ibiza. I have a Q50R electric wheelchair. And I wondered, if you could leave the batteries on the wheelchair disconnected so they can go in the hold of the plane as the watt hour exceeds 300 so I can't take the batteries into the cabin.

4 replies to this topic
Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
4,508 posts
362 reviews
313 helpful votes
1. Re: Powerchair Q50R taking it on a plane

Hi Julie and welcome to TripAdvisor.

The lithium batteries are the problem, for safety lithium batteries cannot go in the hold.

I suggest you contact the airline and see what they say. I think you can already see there's a problem, but that way you'll know the final decision.

You may have to hire a wheelchair at the destination.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
18,051 posts
141 reviews
95 helpful votes
2. Re: Powerchair Q50R taking it on a plane

All the information is on the TUI web site. That’s always the best place to start & the contact there assistance team. Wrong information could be given on a public forum.

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/info/assisted-travel-with-TUI

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
33,752 posts
100 reviews
144 helpful votes
3. Re: Powerchair Q50R taking it on a plane

Agree for something as important as this you need to ask the airline - nobody else. And get their reply in writing in case of any issues on the day.

London, England
Level Contributor
14,236 posts
72 reviews
70 helpful votes
4. Re: Powerchair Q50R taking it on a plane

My small scooter uses a lithium battery. I also have a spare. Whenever I fly I have to take them into the aircraft cabin with me. I bought fireproof bags to put them in.

Reply to: Powerchair Q50R taking it on a plane
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.