We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sending tour guides commentary to bluetooth

N.J. USA
Level Contributor
519 posts
11 reviews
2 helpful votes
sending tour guides commentary to bluetooth

I wear Phonak hearing aids that are bluetooth enabled. We are going on a tour and I will have difficulty understanding what the tour guide is saying although we will be provided with quietvox receivers. I am sure there is some way to send what the tour guide says to my aids via bluetooth, but my audiologist did not know anything other than the Phonak Roger which is $800! Any recommendations? I am sure the guide will not mind wearing a microphone so that I can hear

3 replies to this topic
Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
362 reviews
313 helpful votes
1. Re: sending tour guides commentary to bluetooth

I tried Googling "bluetooth microphone to hearing aid" and that gave a number of options.

Hope you can find something suitable, I can see it could be very frustrating otherwise.

N.J. USA
Level Contributor
519 posts
11 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: sending tour guides commentary to bluetooth

I did that but too many options came up . I was hoping someone with specific experience would aim me inthe right direction

Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
362 reviews
313 helpful votes
3. Re: sending tour guides commentary to bluetooth

You might get more help by asking on a Facebook group or a charity which helps the deaf.

Reply to: sending tour guides commentary to bluetooth
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.