We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East Lancashire railway & Transport Museum

5 posts
East Lancashire railway & Transport Museum

Hi

I am thanking of takng my Dad to visit thia museum tomorrow & to see the steam trains. It will be his 88th birthday & he says he used to work on one of the trains in the museum.

I am trying to find out about access as he is in a wheelchair with very limited mobility

Is the area surrounding Museum/ Station fairly flat as struggle to push him up inclines

Is there disabled parking nearby & are both places easily accessible?

I sent an email to ask these questions but got an automated reply. I also tried calling customer services to be told they didn't know as they only book the train tickets!

Sorry for all the questions but taken him places previously & really struggled to gain access etc despite saying there is wheelchair access

Also could anyone recommend a good fish & chip restaurant with good access nearby to eat afterwards ( his favourite meal)

Any help would be appreciated

2 replies to this topic
Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
4,453 posts
362 reviews
313 helpful votes
1. Re: East Lancashire railway & Transport Museum

Hi Jan, and welcome to TripAdvisor.

This forum is about general problems for the disabled. You'll get better advice from local experts by asking in the destination forum. This is where to ask https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g186331-i313-Lancashire_England.html

Hope you get it sorted in time.

5 posts
2. Re: East Lancashire railway & Transport Museum

Thanks, will try that forum. Such a nightmare trying to plan with mobility issues!

Reply to: East Lancashire railway & Transport Museum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.