We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France flight with a Mobility Scooter

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Air France flight with a Mobility Scooter

My husband and I are taking a flight from Prague to Paris with Air France and will be taking a mobility scooter and 2 lithium batteries on board. I understand that the scooter goes in checked baggage and the batteries in with us but does anyone know if Air France require anything further.

Please help I would appreciate it.

7 replies to this topic
Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
362 reviews
313 helpful votes
1. Re: Air France flight with a Mobility Scooter

I'm a bit concerned that you are taking 2 batteries, not the normal 1.

I think it would be wise to contact Air France, by email or phone, to see if they need anything more done to make the batteries safe.

Have a great trip.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
2. Re: Air France flight with a Mobility Scooter

Thank you I will try to contact them

London, England
Level Contributor
14,204 posts
72 reviews
70 helpful votes
3. Re: Air France flight with a Mobility Scooter

Lyn

Details re batteries will be on Air France website. For example, you can take two lithium batteries on British Airways in the cabin as long as they are under 150kw each.

You need to give the airline dimensions of your scooter and book Special Assistance. I normally do that at the time of booking my flight.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
4. Re: Air France flight with a Mobility Scooter

Thanks. I have booked with special assistance noted where they will be contacting us

Art
Los Angeles...
1 post
5. Re: Air France flight with a Mobility Scooter

what was the final outcome

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
6. Re: Air France flight with a Mobility Scooter

Air France was very helpful with no serious problems. With all airports that we encounted on our 6 week trip we were never rejected.

Checkin does take a little longer as airlines measure and check their records on lithium batteries which are taken on board with you. Then you do get priority direct to plane, the staff help fold up scooter and place in your scooter bag and they store it in cargo. Done all very easily.

On arrival to your destination, airline has a wheelchair waiting even if you can walk a little and takes you to the luggage pickup. The staff retrieve your scooter from large item storage and deliver the scooter to you. You assemble as usual with scooter and off you go!

London, England
Level Contributor
14,204 posts
72 reviews
70 helpful votes
7. Re: Air France flight with a Mobility Scooter

lyn1059

I always ensure my scooter is delivered back to the aircraft door. I don’t get off the aircraft until I see it. Otherwise it can go missing which has happened to me.

Reply to: Air France flight with a Mobility Scooter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.