We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with recliners

Kearns, Utah
Level Contributor
21 posts
34 reviews
17 helpful votes
Hotels with recliners

Hi! I am looking for hotels/motels or other vacation rentals which have recliners (Lazy-boy type, NOT chaise lounge lightweight chairs) in all or some of their rooms. My wife has a hard time sleeping in a bed through the night and needs a recliner in order to be comfortable and even make it worth traveling. She has Rheumatoid Disease and other conditions that make it really tough for her to enjoy vacations, but I, as her caregiver, need them desperately. We would mostly travel in the western part of the U.S. for now, so please keep that in mind when you give recommendations. Thanks!

Yorba Linda...
2 posts
1 review
31. Re: Hotels with recliners

The Drury Inn chain in mid-America and the south has recliners. Forgot about that a few years ago when my Corvette Club was all booked into the Drury in Bowling Green, KY. Been a few years between my prior stay in one of their other hotels. Back was killing me, took one look once in the room, smiled, and went down stairs and demanded to see the manager. You should have seen the look on her face when I gave her a huge hug.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
32. Re: Hotels with recliners

My husband and I have problems sleeping in traditional beds due to back problems. We will be vacationing in Gatlinburg August 2019. We called our resort and discussed options. The resort suggested contacting the local Rent-A-Center.The store can rent us two chairs, and will deliver and remove after our stay. The cost was reasonable for the one week rental.

Edited: 4 years ago
Midlothian, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
5 helpful votes
33. Re: Hotels with recliners

I have the same issue as many of you. I can't sleep in a bed. I have started carrying a zero G chair to sleep in. Not as comfortable as a full size recliner, but beats the heck out of being miserable all night trying to prop up in a bed.

1 post
1 review
2 helpful votes
34. Re: Hotels with recliners

Many Extended Stay America’s have them. They’re vinyl but very comfortable.

2 posts
35. Re: Hotels with recliners

The only one I have found is the candlewood suites I hope this helps you I have the same problem.

2 posts
36. Re: Hotels with recliners

The only hotel that because I have the same problem with recliners is Candlewood suites and there’s candlewood suites everywhere in a lot of states

1 post
37. Re: Hotels with recliners

My husband and I will be traveling from Delaware to Florida. I need to make arrangements for him to have a recliner in our hotel room. We will taking I95 down the coast. First stop would be in North Carolina. Hopefully you can find me some hotels along the way.

Lansing, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
215 reviews
59 helpful votes
38. Re: Hotels with recliners

Looking for a motel on the way to Florida via Interstate 57, 24, 65 to 10 to 75. I would appreciate some input as to any motels that have a recliner. Have a family member that can only sleep in one.

Thanks,

J. Abel

Carrollton, Georgia
2 posts
1 review
39. Re: Hotels with recliners

Drury in Bowling Green took out all the recliners when they remodeled earlier this year. Terribly disappointing.

Carrollton, Georgia
2 posts
1 review
40. Re: Hotels with recliners

Drury in Bowling Green took out all the recliners when they remodeled earlier this year. Terribly disappointing.

Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.