We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with recliners

Kearns, Utah
Level Contributor
21 posts
37 reviews
17 helpful votes
Hotels with recliners

Hi! I am looking for hotels/motels or other vacation rentals which have recliners (Lazy-boy type, NOT chaise lounge lightweight chairs) in all or some of their rooms. My wife has a hard time sleeping in a bed through the night and needs a recliner in order to be comfortable and even make it worth traveling. She has Rheumatoid Disease and other conditions that make it really tough for her to enjoy vacations, but I, as her caregiver, need them desperately. We would mostly travel in the western part of the U.S. for now, so please keep that in mind when you give recommendations. Thanks!

High Point, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
27 helpful votes
21. Re: Hotels with recliners

If the stay is a week or more, I have rented a reclining lift chair from a medical supply company. For shorter stays, it's been difficult. I am going to start looking at AirBnB for an upcoming stay.

1 post
22. Re: Hotels with recliners

yes I always stay at candlewood because of recliners they are great but...

I wish I gad other options

High Point, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
27 helpful votes
23. Re: Hotels with recliners

I have found the recliners in Candlewood, Drury Suites, and Extended Stay America, but you need to reach out to the specific property first, do NOT trust the 800 reservations number, they are clueless about this aspect and have given me bad information several times. Drury seems to be phasing out the recliners and replacing with just a club chair at certain properties. The My Place chain I read about on here, I haven't seen yet in my travels. I have heard of LaQuinta having them at some locations, but have not run into it myself. If I'm going to be in the same place for a week I rent a lift chair from a medical supply company. If renting through AirBnB or VRBO, I spend a lot of time looking through pictures to see if a recliner is available, it would really be nice if they would add it to the searchable amenities.

Texas Gulf Coast...
1 post
24. Re: Hotels with recliners

I need a good recliner to be comfortable. What hotels have this?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
27,265 posts
103 reviews
157 helpful votes
25. Re: Hotels with recliners

Rhonda

Many hotels probably have comfortable recliners, but it would help other members to help you if you could be more specific about the region of the world you may be interested in, whether you have any hotel chain preferences, etc.

Thank you...

Edited: 5 years ago
Fostoria, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
26. Re: Hotels with recliners

My wife needs a recliner chair for a good night's sleep~! What motels/hotel chains have these?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
27,265 posts
103 reviews
157 helpful votes
27. Re: Hotels with recliners

Bruce

Please see post #25..

Without more details from you, it’s doubtful members can assist or answer your enquiry.

28. Re: Hotels with recliners

The Hampton Inn we called had a recliner or so in storage and we we happy to bring it out. All chains should do that. Not like we need $6000 heated Shiatsu massage chairs. Regular but good recliners are modestly priced.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
27,265 posts
103 reviews
157 helpful votes
29. Re: Hotels with recliners

Which Hampton Inn would that be, please?

There are over 2,300 “ Hampton by Hilton “ lodgings in the USA, and others overseas too....

1 post
30. Re: Hotels with recliners

We found an air bnb with a comfortable recliner..

Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.