We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with recliners

Kearns, Utah
Level Contributor
21 posts
37 reviews
17 helpful votes
Hotels with recliners

Hi! I am looking for hotels/motels or other vacation rentals which have recliners (Lazy-boy type, NOT chaise lounge lightweight chairs) in all or some of their rooms. My wife has a hard time sleeping in a bed through the night and needs a recliner in order to be comfortable and even make it worth traveling. She has Rheumatoid Disease and other conditions that make it really tough for her to enjoy vacations, but I, as her caregiver, need them desperately. We would mostly travel in the western part of the U.S. for now, so please keep that in mind when you give recommendations. Thanks!

Orlando, Florida
3 posts
11. Re: Hotels with recliners

piclevp

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
27,265 posts
103 reviews
157 helpful votes
12. Re: Hotels with recliners

Hello again drcivil

The member you mention hasn’t returned to this forum since they made their post some months ago.

Perhaps they either didn’t understand how forums work,on TA, where members try to politely assist other members, or they found answers to their questions elsewhere.

Kind regards.

Mondial

Edited: 5 years ago
1 post
13. Re: Hotels with recliners

Hello,

Did you have any luck locating hotels with recliners?

I have the same problem.

Thanks!

Province of...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland, Fredericksburg
Level Contributor
40,076 posts
329 reviews
228 helpful votes
14. Re: Hotels with recliners

Post 6 has a PM button you might send them a personal message as Mondial has posted doesn't look like they are coming back on this forum.

Kesh_grammy

Kearns, Utah
Level Contributor
21 posts
37 reviews
17 helpful votes
15. Re: Hotels with recliners

They are random. We found a room with a recliner in a motel in Ventura, California. The La Quinta Inn.

Kearns, Utah
Level Contributor
21 posts
37 reviews
17 helpful votes
16. Re: Hotels with recliners

#6 said that they stayed in Extended Stay America, and I found a link to their website that shows they apparently have recliners in every room. I also looked at a map and they have many locations across the U.S. https://www.extendedstayamerica.com/about/relocation-hotels.html

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
4 helpful votes
17. Re: Hotels with recliners

My Place motels, a new chain in central and western USA is a reasonably priced motel with recliner chairs.

Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
9 helpful votes
18. Re: Hotels with recliners

We are traveling to Lexington, KY, soon and need the same information. We've stayed at the Candlewood there before and had a handicap accessible room (reserved) taken away from us because "someone decided to stay longer" (translation- we were only there for the weekend). It's super frustrating to have a mate with mobility/joint problems and can't sleep in a bed through the night but yet want to be comfortable- and not be able to find more accommodations for that. I'm up for suggestions for Lexington, as well as Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. TIA

Oldsmar, United...
1 post
2 reviews
19. Re: Hotels with recliners

Same here. Wife needs a recliner to sleep in hotel. Is there a company that places chairs in hotels when needed or a hotel chain that honors a request like this?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
4 helpful votes
20. Re: Hotels with recliners

A motel called My Place offers recliners in most rooms. Relatively new franchise throughout the midwest.

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.