We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Countries for Ecotourism

Gorski kotar...
Level Contributor
22 posts
19 reviews
10 helpful votes
Best Countries for Ecotourism

Hiya fellow travelers!

I hope this will get you into gear!

I love ecology and appreciate our dear Mother Nature. That is why I always seek places that reveal its original beauty.

When it comes to eco - travel, I'd always go for countries - and regions in countries that do not have overdeveloped tourism, and try to travel like a local.

So, I suggest - Croatia. Continental Croatia.

Places like

Gorski kotar

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gorski-kotar/120589584649033?ref=hl

Dalmatinska Zagora

http://hotspots.net.hr/en/2014/02/dalmatinska-zagora-regija-iznimnog-turistickog-potencijala-3/

Slavonija

http://www.ruralna.hr/?l=en

Please, share your suggestions & tips!

Happy traveling!

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
394 posts
70 reviews
60 helpful votes
11. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Countries in East Africa region. Volunteer at a Chips Sanctuary in Kenya. At a Children home or teach computers in schools across Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. Wokr in Albino organizations in Tanzania or volunteer in the Marine research center in Mombasa, Kenya.

R.

12. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
107 posts
30 reviews
9 helpful votes
13. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Coromandel North Island would also be great :-)

14. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Tripadvisor staff has removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guidelines with regards to off-topic chat.

What are forum guidelines?
West Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
15. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

In Canada, we also have many, many places which are lovely. I am particularly familiar with the provinces of Quebec, Ontario, and British Columbia, but have also been to the Yukon. That particular climate may not be for everyone. Even the husky dogs have boots on their feet in the winter. Although I do not like the cold, I did find it beautiful. It was sunny for the three days I was there.

British Columbia is beautiful and we have a great deal of tourist traffic, sometimes simply off a cruise ship. We have Grouse Mountain, with the famous grouse grind, or people may choose to simply take a ride to the top and down.

Other provinces of note are Ontario and Quebec but off the top of my head I can't mention a bunch of things as it has been years since I lived there. Also PEI - Prince Edward Island - is little and quite nice.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
50,103 posts
26 reviews
96 helpful votes
16. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Hi Andreea v...post # 14.........Not sure why no one has mentioned it to you yet, but surveys are not permitted on any of the TripAdvisor forums..........please see these forum posting guidelines, listed below so youre aware of what TripAdvisor does and doesnt find acceptable on their forums....you might want to read the section entitled "Free of Solicitations" in this case

Thank you

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/200613647-Forum-Guidelines

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
4 reviews
126 helpful votes
17. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Ecology system in Ngorongoro conservation area as world heritage site ,Serengeti national park, Mt Kilimanjaro national park such nature walking in Ngorongoro highlands that is awesome nature sense

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
4 reviews
126 helpful votes
18. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Ecology system in Ngorongoro conservation area as world heritage site ,Serengeti national park, Mt Kilimanjaro national park such nature walking in Ngorongoro highlands that is awesome nature sense

West Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
19. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

One site I forgot to mention: Churchhill, Manitoba. This is a famous area for polar bear sighting. One flies in and – preferably in advance – registers for a bus which will take you to see the polar bears. For a species threatened by climate change, they are remarkably frequent in and around Churchhill and sometimes even wander into town.

20. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.