We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Countries for Ecotourism

Gorski kotar...
Level Contributor
22 posts
19 reviews
10 helpful votes
Best Countries for Ecotourism

Hiya fellow travelers!

I hope this will get you into gear!

I love ecology and appreciate our dear Mother Nature. That is why I always seek places that reveal its original beauty.

When it comes to eco - travel, I'd always go for countries - and regions in countries that do not have overdeveloped tourism, and try to travel like a local.

So, I suggest - Croatia. Continental Croatia.

Places like

Gorski kotar

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gorski-kotar/120589584649033?ref=hl

Dalmatinska Zagora

http://hotspots.net.hr/en/2014/02/dalmatinska-zagora-regija-iznimnog-turistickog-potencijala-3/

Slavonija

http://www.ruralna.hr/?l=en

Please, share your suggestions & tips!

Happy traveling!

West Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
1. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Great that you're so proud of your country, and sometimes it's good to have an insider's view.

Perhaps other contributors can suggest tips about their own countries. Of course, everyone's definition of echo tourism is different.

Rather pressed for time this morning, but when I do have more time I will send some recommendations for Canada.

Europe
Level Contributor
155 posts
2. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Beautiful location for ecotourism : Bucovina (Suceava), Maramures and other places in central and west Romania.

3. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?
Kerala
Level Contributor
8,103 posts
4. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

For India ,

states like Sikkim , Kerala , Karnataka , Himachal pradesh could be chosen

D L
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
290 posts
60 reviews
26 helpful votes
5. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

I visited the south island of New Zealand two years ago and thought it was highly suitable for ecotourism, so much so that it is not only great for pleasure tourists but also for students studying related degree programs in university I think.

North island I am not sure but if fellow users can comment on this would be great.

Level Contributor
2,043 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Yes in India Sikkim comes first

JDB
Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
1,345 reviews
877 helpful votes
7. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Croatia looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
8. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Every country definitely has its own unique charm and appeal. I have seen lots of eco villages popping up recently in the lower 48, but it seems that they don't have the remote and majestic locations that gives Eco villages their unique appeal. I would highly recommend the trend of Eco villages sprouting up in Canada, more specifically, the Yukon Territory! There are very few places in the world left that has the vast expanse of untouched and raw land that is unsurpassable in beauty, but also population! Or lack thereof.

National Capital...
1 post
9. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Thanks for that list, I love travelling a lot, I have been to many places, there was this place where i felt so much at peace and close to nature, you can check out here http://www.bellemontfarm.com/, the freshness of air there is amazing!!!

Happy travelling!!!

West Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
10. Re: Best Countries for Ecotourism

Having been to India several times, I am in strong agreement with the suggestion of Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh and Kerala. Have not been to Karnataka.

If at all possible, when going to a higher altitude such as northern HP, I would recommend taking a bus rather than flying. This may – but may not – minimize altitude sickness.

Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.