We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easyjet holidays

england
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
25 reviews
25 helpful votes
easyjet holidays

im currently looking for holiday with easyjet for 2024 an found some good prices on easyjet which it also says inc free child places on some of there holiday here is an example its says £596pp an total cost £2383 so how does that include free child place?? as 596x4 is 2383 im confused!!

does the price come of at the end? anyone know whos booked holidays with easyjet?

9 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
207 reviews
91 helpful votes
1. Re: easyjet holidays

The free child promotion will not be across the board but on some of their holidays.

If a self catering apartment you still need to meet the standard adult occupancy before a free child might be allowed.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
10 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: easyjet holidays

its all smoke and mirrors in the real world free child places and under occupancy supplements don't exist. I remember taking our friends to Grand Canary both who had worked for 1st choice previously. We self booked 2 one bedroomed apartments and they kept asking wont we have to pay a under occupancy supplement as not 4 in each room. The answer was obviously no as in the real world its just a price for the apartment and it was actually slightly cheaper when only 2 stay as less towels and bedding.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
120,023 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
3. Re: easyjet holidays

Smoke and mirrors is an excellent way to describe advertising and marketing in my view. Using terms like free child places obscured the fact that the overall rate for the adults will likely be higher to compensate. At the end of the day the price of the accommodation is set by the provider, just like a hotel room where the holiday company or tour operator then sets their own prices based on 2 people sharing and sets a single supplement for solo travellers. The hotel won't charge a supplement, they just sell a room.

What matters for me is the total cost, no matter how it breaks down.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
53,057 posts
51 reviews
86 helpful votes
4. Re: easyjet holidays

<< which it also says inc free child places on some of there holiday here is an example its says £596pp an total cost £2383 so how does that include free child place?? as 596x4 is 2383 im confused! >>

Because the price is averaged out across the number of people you enter into the search. easyJet tell you that next to the from pp price. Just click on the information icon next to it.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
25,604 posts
136 reviews
69 helpful votes
5. Re: easyjet holidays

Bit of a lie really ... shouldn't be avaraged should say what it says on tin 👌🏽

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
120,023 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
6. Re: easyjet holidays

There's an awful lot of smoke and mirrors when It comes to advertising. Grandchild places will probably be quite limited. Look for terms like subject to availability and selected holidays only.

Charnock Richard
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
7. Re: easyjet holidays

Hi can I ask did you ever sort this I seem to be having same problem x

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
71 reviews
28 helpful votes
8. Re: easyjet holidays

I just called them and had the exact argument with them on the phone. Basically there saying the price of whole hoilday is including the free child place it comes of right away and we dont see the discount.

But in my case says price per person is 813 witch Totals to whole amount of hoilday per person including the ment to be free child place.

Spoke to a manger who Basically said the same. Comes of straight away but I told them it dont make sense. Ur them telling me the proce per person adds up to total hpildau cost without discount.

That is now ment that everyone who is traveling with us now needs to pay extra as the 813 stated on there website is wrong. If the child free has already taken off. Its a bad system they have.

Edited: 02 April 2024, 10:21
1 post
9. Re: easyjet holidays

I’m having the same problem, I would be paying for 2 adults and 1 child that’s including free child place, it would only be me, my husband and youngest son who will be 12! How does that work? All a big scam by the looks of it! Very confusing!

Reply to: easyjet holidays
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.