We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to move my booking from my business to personal account

1 post
2 reviews
Need to move my booking from my business to personal account

I booked a guided tour online in TripAdvisor without being logged in. When I got my confirmation email, I clicked the link to view the booking and my TripAdvisor app opened up and automatically added the booking to my account. Problem is, the account I was signed into was my business account, which I use for rental properties advertised through TA. I want this tour to show up on my personal account. Is there any way to move it?

1 reply
West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
108,303 posts
99 reviews
638 helpful votes
1. Re: Need to move my booking from my business to personal account

Hi M-R;

Tours are sold via this website’s sister company, Viator. While TripAdvisor's parent company "TripAdvisor Inc." owns both this website & Viator, they are operated as two separate and independent companies.

You need to contact Viator with your concerns.

On the emailed confirmation you received, you will find contact information. I would suggest using that method of contacting TA staff with your concerns.

If I may…

In future, DO NOT book anything through TripAdvisor, its booking partners, or any of its subsidiaries, such as Viator.

This forum is full of complaints about the lack of customer service, delays in receiving refunds, tours cancelled at the last minute, no call or email when things are cancelled, vouchers not accepted by the provider, people left stranded, etc.

Why add an unnecessary third party to the transaction? Book directly with the tour operator and cut out the middleman!

Best Regards

Reply to: Need to move my booking from my business to personal account
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.