We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New & Improved Recognition Program

Boston...
Level Contributor
516 posts
Tripadvisor Staff  
New & Improved Recognition Program

Hey Tripadvisor members!

Thanks to all the great feedback from members like you, we’ve revamped our badge program to make it even better. Soon, you’ll be able to earn new badges and reach new milestones when you write reviews and upload photos. Good news: All your current contributions will carry over.

You may see some changes in the next couple weeks, but we’ll post an update here when the new program is live. In the meantime, keep writing reviews and uploading photos—other travelers are counting on your awesome guidance.

Happy travels,

The Tripadvisor Community Team

183 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
119,920 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
91. Re: New & Improved Recognition Program

I am happy to continue ignoring it all, but I'd be even happier if I didn't have to see any nonsense. Although it gave me a bit of a wry smile to see I have been labelled as a bar crawler (amongst other things).

I see it as childish drivel, but everyone is different and we all know there are people will be motivated by stuff like "write 3 more reviews to be a Pro". And that is exactly why TA is so pleased with it all.

Leavenworth, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit, Nuevo Nayarit
Level Contributor
6,011 posts
323 reviews
810 helpful votes
92. Re: New & Improved Recognition Program

It just came on my screen last night. I paid little attention to the old screen, but it was about 1,000 times better than the new one. I did see a few incentives in the old one for people who enjoy such things, but this new one leaves me cold. I fail to see where anyone, even an 'award' lover can be inspired by this.

At least they did not change the 3 items that appear by each post. Those tell me if a person has been 'around' for a while and how sincere that they are with their posts.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
80,944 posts
88 reviews
2,048 helpful votes
93. Re: New & Improved Recognition Program

"At least they did not change the 3 items that appear by each post. Those tell me if a person has been 'around' for a while and how sincere that they are with their posts"

I agree that the data under the users avatar tells you how long the user has contributed to TA but I do not see how you can determine how sincere they are. The figures for posts and reviews are only numbers and tell you nothing about the quality of their input

As for the helpful votes figure even though genuine in many cases their are those that play the numbers game and some of their Followers will vote for anything in the hope that the user will reciprocate

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
20,339 posts
90 reviews
224 helpful votes
94. Re: New & Improved Recognition Program

Perhaps it’s time TA_ gave us an icon under the avatar….

Sticky Gold Star for those that post useful info.

A stick of Candy Floss for those that say an awful lot of nothing.

A Trash Can for trolls and the like.

Would be more use than a badge telling me I’m a Pro !!

Should be fairly easy, I’m sure they’ve haven’t packed the crayons away yet.

Somerset, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
54,916 posts
67 reviews
120 helpful votes
95. Re: New & Improved Recognition Program

Lol, a Pro has double meaning in the UK. That made me smile ;-)

But I'm an Authority! I guess they read my posts to see the gems of wisdom I post from my settee.

Hope they are better than the reviews I just tried to read. 2 lines and could have been anywhere. It's a slippery slope.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
29,490 posts
56 reviews
71 helpful votes
96. Re: New & Improved Recognition Program

Calmjohn.

Have a look at the Games forum and then see if you still think that people with thousands upon thousands of posts are sincere!

Dozens of one word posts on there a day all go onto those posters account tally. It’s beyond ludicrous.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
33,913 posts
358 reviews
1,183 helpful votes
97. Re: New & Improved Recognition Program

“ It’s beyond ludicrous.”

—-

What’s beyond ludicrous about people posting in a games forum? I don’t post there and don’t have a problem with it either, but if it’s something you disagree with why don’t you complain to Tripadvisor about it then?

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
20,339 posts
90 reviews
224 helpful votes
98. Re: New & Improved Recognition Program

Toopaz, I’m a Pro and a Bar Crawler…..

Don’t know whether to get out on the Town or drown my sorrows!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
80,944 posts
88 reviews
2,048 helpful votes
99. Re: New & Improved Recognition Program

As TA seem to have no intention of allowing people to Opt Out perhaps they could allow a "Hide" function

United States
Level Contributor
730 posts
1,183 reviews
35,489 helpful votes
100. Re: New & Improved Recognition Program

Sunmagic: +1. Thanks for a very sound and meaningful comment, no anger or negativity, and a very practical suggestion to some.

Reply to: New & Improved Recognition Program
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.