We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review problem

Kingston
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
37 helpful votes
Review problem

Anyone has an idiot proof (easy steps) guide or instruction on how to submit reviews. Few months ago, my spouse tried and could not submit reviews about a trip, so she abandoned the process. Today was my turn, I tried to submit a review about a tour, and after three attempts, no luck..! I even took the steps of logout, reboot tablet and login, still same failure…! As I suspect that we must be doing something wrong when submitting a review, so my questions is: has anyone produced a fail-safe “how-to” on how to submit reviews easily. Thanks for your help.

9 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
87,392 posts
62 reviews
97 helpful votes
1. Re: Review problem

I use only the full version of TA to submit a review. The App may not be a reliable way of achieving that.

I will go to the listing for the hotel, restaurant, attraction that I am ready to review, look for the "Write a review button" in the page and proceed from there. I think of an effective review title, copy and paste my review from where I have saved it in a Word document, preview it or check it over and submit.

What happens when you try to submit your review?

Edited: 03 June 2023, 14:13
2. Re: Review problem

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts Edited: 22 February 2024, 17:35

Kingston
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
37 helpful votes
3. Re: Review problem

When submitting, system is asking me to login (which I have done before making a review) which I do again and then review has disappeared. I started again, making sure I was login, and once again when I submit, got challenge with login and once again lost review, after the third times I abandoned the process. I am using iPad. Next time I do a review I will use my laptop (unavailable at this time). Thanks for your comments.

4. Re: Review problem

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Kingston
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
37 helpful votes
5. Re: Review problem

Thanks, I am happy to see it got published after all. I thought because I got kicked out of system that it was not published glad to see it, I could not find it myself…! Thanks for your help, I guess problem solved.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
12,220 posts
1,026 reviews
5,334 helpful votes
6. Re: Review problem

I submit most of my reviews via Safari on my iPad, and do not have the TA app anywhere. We just came back from a trip, and during the trip, I submitted 9 reviews, plus a request for 3 new listings, and all 9 reviews were posted, plus one of the new listings. When we travel, I take photos with my iPad, so the photos are, also, readily, at hand. Luckily, I have never run into any problems.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
87,392 posts
62 reviews
97 helpful votes
7. Re: Review problem

If the Antelope Canyon review is the one you are reporting problems with, it has been published, as mentioned. So, there may be a hiccup in your iPad that is giving you an indication of a false failed posting. My iPad works fine when I am posting in the forums.

You have many reviews published, so if your problem happened while trying to publish a different attraction, try your laptop to see if that works. If not come back to report that here because it may be a problem in the website.

BTW, I see the Antelope Canyon review has been published today, but that is because I am in Canada, not Australia where they are one day ahead of us.

EDIT: It looks like the Antelope Canyon review is the one you are talking about. Glad it was published.

Edited: 03 June 2023, 14:56
8. Re: Review problem

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
131 posts
10 reviews
36 helpful votes
9. Re: Review problem

How long was this tour. We are going in April and don't know if we should book in advance or try what you did to save some on the cost. How much was the tour? Thanks.

Reply to: Review problem
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.