We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Owner of listing deceased before trip

1 post
Owner of listing deceased before trip

I really hope someone can help me- my Mother passed away in April and she apparently has bookings for her home in July. We obviously can’t have guests now and we have no way of accessing her account either. Since there is no way of actually contacting trip advisor and speaking to someone. What in the world are we suppose to do at this point? I suspect the guests will be disappointed when they show up and can’t stay at the house. Please help!!!

4 replies to this topic
West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,078 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Owner of listing deceased before trip

Hi Rachel;

My sincere condolences.

Have a look at the right of this page and read the entry titled "CONTACT info for ISSUES with Vacation Rentals / Holiday Rentals"

(not visible when using the TA app)

Best Regards

Essex
Level Contributor
31,850 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Owner of listing deceased before trip

I give you my sympathy and empathy.

I hope you can get this situation sorted out, it's a difficult time.

I can't really help. Bur here's a link to what RT is referring to, in case you can't see it

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12…

Edited: 19 June 2018, 13:55
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,245 posts
478 reviews
3. Re: Owner of listing deceased before trip

I hope that TA can assist you in letting guests know about your sad loss, and the fact that the accommodation won't be available for them now.

Boston...
Level Contributor
117 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
4. Re: Owner of listing deceased before trip

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your post and for your recent reply to my email about the booking. Again, we're so sorry for your loss and the time your family is going through. I've taken care of the cancellation and have contacted the guest directly to let him know and to help him with finding an alternative.

If you have any questions, you can contact the phone number in my email. We wish you all the best.

Many thanks,

Jen

TripAdvisor Rentals Support

Reply to: Owner of listing deceased before trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted