We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Got a creepy response

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
378 reviews
Got a creepy response

Hi

Got a creepy message from a member(probably fake profile) call himself IveGotSoreFeet, went through everything I post and then sent me a long message word by word of every thing I post and ask me why I said this and why I said that...plain creepy.

I've block the person, and was wondering if there is a function for report weird/creepiness person trying to contact ?

Regards

7 replies to this topic
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
47,255 posts
288 reviews
1. Re: Got a creepy response

Now that you've blocked this person, just forget about him.

I had a similar message years ago from a member who didn't like my restaurant reviews. Blocked him and didn't answer.

If the person had spammed you, or follows you on forum posts, then yes, by all means, you can report the member for their actions. Being creepy is not one of them though.

As the same time, I think you need to remove your post by clicking on Remove Inappropriate Content (lower right coiner of your post) and selecting Remove my Post. You posted the member's screen name. That wasn't necessary and I believe it it not within forum posting guidelines.

Edited: 19 June 2018, 01:21
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
44,280 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Got a creepy response

Read this link and follow instructions for reporting the PM to TA.

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-gb/…

Angie.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,794 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Got a creepy response

Forget about it. Being creepy in a PM isn't something to worry about. You've done the best and right thing by blocking them. I don't think creepy is a reportable offence lol.

I've had a few over the years. I just ignore them, block the sender,forget about it and feel sorry for them. If someone on the other hand sends a really nasty PM then report it as harassment and TA will deal with it. You can report them directly from the message.

Edited: 19 June 2018, 01:38
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,901 posts
106 reviews
4. Re: Got a creepy response

I recognise the name the OP mentioned.... there was a troll by that, or a very similar name, not very long ago.. maybe a few months. I got a weird PM from them, so blocked and reported as harassment.

Seemed to do the trick...!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
73,996 posts
478 reviews
5. Re: Got a creepy response

I've had a few weird PM's. I don't reply to anyhting I either don't like or don't understand. If it's particularly bad, I'll report the message as harrassment.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
34,905 posts
111 reviews
6. Re: Got a creepy response

The joy of hitting the Block button!

If only we had one in real life.

So Cal
Level Contributor
12,081 posts
75 reviews
7. Re: Got a creepy response

There's creepy, and there's stalker creepy, and there's you need a time-out creepy. I've reported one or two.

Reply to: Got a creepy response
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted