We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to write a review of a vacation rental

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
How to write a review of a vacation rental

Dear TripAdvisor,

I love TripAdvisor!

I have read the postings regarding posting a review about vacation rentals, and I remain confused.

If the rental was not through one of the affiliated property rental sites, may I start feedback on a new rental? If so, how to do that?

Thanks from Jurassic Park as far as internet savvy goes,

Stella

3 replies to this topic
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,317 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to write a review of a vacation rental

No, TripAdvisor rentals are commissioned or fee based. Only owners of these properties can request this type of listing.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to write a review of a vacation rental

Thank you for the clarification-I appreciate it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
117 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
3. Re: How to write a review of a vacation rental

Hi Stella,

I am TripAdvisor staff and we're sorry if you had any confusion about the guidelines for leaving a vacation rental review, so I'm happy to clarify. If you booked a property outside of TripAdvisor Rentals, or any of it's affiliated sites, but you've found the listing on TripAdvisor that's advertised by the same owner, you can definitely leave a review. Just to make sure that your review is for the right listing, you may receive an email from the reviews team asking for proof of your stay where you can reply with a copy of your reservation confirmation. Once it's verified, your review will be published.

We thank you for your contribution to the TripAdvisor community.

Many thanks,

Jen

TripAdvisor Rentals Support

Reply to: How to write a review of a vacation rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted