We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contacting Trip Advisor

Prestatyn, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
498 reviews
Contacting Trip Advisor

I want to send an email to Trip Advisor about a mistake on their reviews. I have written over 430 reviews and an No 1 reviewer in the town I live in. I suggested a place because after searching to write a review the place wasn't listed. It asked me did I want to list, I the tried only to be told that my suggestion was rejected as there wasn't enough information available online. My review was called Tan yr Ogof Caves and was listed under the caves heading. When I looked on Trip Advisor the caves were wrongly listed as Cefn yr Ogof Caves, Cefn yr Ogof is the name of the summit of the hill which has a marker post on it. Also when I went up there I photographed the caves in detail but I wasn't asked when I supplied the details to supply any photographs. Could someone please look at my request and send me an email so that I can correspond with you. If I was doing a review on the Trip Advisor contact page you would not even get a 1 star rating. Be there and ask someone to send in a request who hasn't done it before and you will be surprised how difficult it is. My name is Lewis Knight and my post code is SK11 8RG. UK

11 replies to this topic
West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,103 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Contacting Trip Advisor

>>My name is Lxxxx Kxxxxx and my post code is SKxx xxG. UK<<

Jeez...why not include your date of birth, credit card number, and your mother's maiden name ?

You have NOT sent a PRIVATE email to TA staff, but have posted on a PUBLIC forum where ANYONE around the world can view it.

NEVER post your private information, on the internet. I would STRONGLY suggest that you delete your own post immediately ! Posting your private information on the internet can result in it being harvested, used and abused by every spammer, scammer, troll, scumbag and moronic time waster.

You can delete your own post by clicking on the "Report inappropriate content" button within the post you wish to delete and then select "Remove my post" from the pull down menu.

Best Regards

Prestatyn, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
498 reviews
2. Re: Contacting Trip Advisor

I don;t care about my details being public, I don't have anything to hide and am moving address in a few weeks, Apart from deleting my name and post code did you manage to read the message I posted and did you manage to pass on my details to someone who can help with the questions I asked?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
24,115 posts
378 reviews
3. Re: Contacting Trip Advisor

No one here can pass on your details to TripAdvisor as we are only fellow members like you. Good luck then if you think it is ok to publish personal information on a public forum, it has nothing to do with the fact you have nothing to hide.

Prestatyn, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
498 reviews
4. Re: Contacting Trip Advisor

OK But does anyone know an email address for TA?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
106 reviews
5. Re: Contacting Trip Advisor

Lewis K

You asked about how to contact TA back in October 2015, and other members helpfully gave you good advice then, and even provided links to enable you to contact TA direct via the HC.

If you are so careless of your own on-line security, and are, sorry to say it , stupid enough to put your full name and postcode on a worldwide public forum, then I suggest you take a few moments to learn how to stay safe on-line before you post anything else anywhere on-line and expose yourself even more widely to scammers and crooks, although with your apparently disdainful attitude towards on-line safety and members trying to advise about that you obviously know best... good luck.

You might be surprised to know just how much information I’ve discovered about you in the last 30 minutes from the details you exposed to the whole world.

Thankfully for you, I’m not a scammer or a crook, but rest assured, there are millions of them out there, and you are an absolute gift to them, so just carry on as you see fit... I’m out.

Mondial

PS, Is the Flowerpot Pub still as good as it used to be? We were regulars there over 40 years ago..

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
47,272 posts
288 reviews
6. Re: Contacting Trip Advisor

"When I looked on Trip Advisor the caves were wrongly listed as Cefn yr Ogof Caves, Cefn yr Ogof is the name of the summit of the hill which has a marker post on it"

Report it using the Improve this Listing button on the listing page.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Contacting Trip Advisor

If you're going to get the name changed, Lewis, please get it changed to the right one. It's not Tan yr Ogof as you state, it's Dan yr Ogof.

8. Re: Contacting Trip Advisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 March 2018, 20:05

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
63,291 posts
78 reviews
9. Re: Contacting Trip Advisor

Personally, I am not surprised that some people who come onto this forum bite back or feel abused as some of the replies can be way too harsh in my opinion and are unwarranted

Yes the OP was foolish to post their personal details but very many people do not realise this is a public forum so perhaps pointing out the error of their way in a more kindly manner much be more appropriate as would answering their query

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
196 reviews
10. Re: Contacting Trip Advisor

Have to agree that the lectures seem a bit heavy-handed (just my opinion), but also agree that the answer is quite simple, just review the place identified as already being listed and, separately, attempt to correct the name via Improve This Listing. Don't get what the big deal is about needing to 'contact' TripAdvisor.

Reply to: Contacting Trip Advisor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted