We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MSC drinks package?

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
24 reviews
MSC drinks package?

Hi again.

I have already asked a few questions, but have another please.

People write about the drinks package- how much does it cost and what does it include, and is it for specific times? I have never before had a drinks package on a cruise so don't know what to expect.

I'm not an alcoholic but like a drop or 2 of wine especially at mealtimes.!

Thanks in advance.

Lena

104 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: MSC drinks package?

Me and my wife just did a msc cruise we had the drinks package got the 26 euro one both had to get it so price 52 euro a day coffee tea beer some wines spirits water ice cream so you end up a fat alcoholic buy the time your trip is over. There is a few other options you can get buy a book of vochers when you arrive there someone will help you.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: MSC drinks package?

Thank you.

Very funny and witty answer!

Just to be clear, can I get the package alone without my partner?

Do you mean it costs € 26 per day?? That sounds really excessive. I don't want to be stretched off , but just have 2 glasses of wine with a meal and water throughout the day!

At the port of call can we bring a bottle of wine on board.

Many thanks.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: MSC drinks package?

If you get a package deal each person in your cabin has to get it not just one person 26€ each you would be better getting the vouchers and you cannot bring your own drinks aboard there is a lot to choose from happy sailing.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,155 posts
478 reviews
4. Re: MSC drinks package?

The 26 euro cost does include water, coffee and tea. The cost of these drinks, never mind alcohol on any cruise can easily and quickly mount up!

Ballybofey, Ireland
Level Contributor
790 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: MSC drinks package?

If you are choosy about your wine, perhaps buy a bottle in the restaurant as the Allegrissimmo wines are ok at best. Allegrissimo is great value for us though, water, coffee, cocktails, wine beer and spirits all add up.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: MSC drinks package?

Thank you.

Maybe I'll play it by ear and see what I can get away with taking on board. It's just wine which I'm interested in. My husband drinks very little and I don't want to drink for 2! I want to be able to remember the cruise afterwards, not just the fog!!

Best wishes

Lena.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: MSC drinks package?

Thank you very much.

Ballybofey, Ireland
Level Contributor
790 posts
56 reviews
8. Re: MSC drinks package?

You're welcome. From memory of last September, reasonable wine could be bought for around €25 upwards. DV

Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: MSC drinks package?

If that's all you need a drinks package would work out expensive, just pay as you go is my advice.

Rowley Regis...
7 posts
10. Re: MSC drinks package?

Hi has anyone had the Allegro package? We have been given one with our booking but don't know it works!

Reply to: MSC drinks package?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted