We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MSC Cruises -watch out!

Girard, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
92 reviews
MSC Cruises -watch out!

I don't know how many of you travellers used MSC Cruise line in the past, but it is not the same quality and standard as the big name lines (Royal Car, Princess, etc) We cruised from Amsterdam to Spain, France and South Hampton. The room was great--nice suite wit a balcony, but the luxury stops there. The food was anything but "standard." It was the same 4 choices daily: pizza, hot dogs, etc. Not what we expected. The crew was very nice and professional, but the food was terrible! Just a warning for those who are attracted to the itinerary.

Msergi

326 replies to this topic
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
119 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: MSC Cruises -watch out!

Couldn't agree with you less. I have cruised with MSC twice, and the food was great. Why were you eating hot dogs? There was lovely italian food available.

Girard, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
92 reviews
2. Re: MSC Cruises -watch out!

Obviously it wasn't available on our cruise! Yes there were more choices in the dining-room but limited and small portions. Tasteless, bland, small portions were the norm. MSC cannot compare with other lines.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,769 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: MSC Cruises -watch out!

Sorry to hear that your cruise was a disappointment. Did you know that this might be an issue prior to your cruise or prior to booking? One place I find helpful is the member reviews on Cruise Critic ... with so many reviews to read there, it's a good way to determine whether a particular line or ship is going to meet your needs/wants. www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/cruiseline.cfm…

Girard, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
92 reviews
4. Re: MSC Cruises -watch out!

I get the impression that MSC caters to Europeans and many Americans have different expectations. It seems from what I read that Europeans were at least satisified with the food and entertainment but most Americans were not. There were in fact few Americans on board. Again, MSC had a great itenerary (that's why we chose it) but cannot compare with other lines. Yes--I will do my homework and read the critics comments! Thank you!

Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: MSC Cruises -watch out!

WOW MSERGI is reading my mind. Ditto to exactly that!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
141 reviews
6. Re: MSC Cruises -watch out!

Come on guys !!

MSC caters for Europeans.... well trust me I am English and have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common with any other europeans !!

Feel much happier and have more in common with you guys from across the pond !

Girard, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
92 reviews
7. Re: MSC Cruises -watch out!

Hi, wasn't sure how that might be taken---didn't mean to offend! We travel to Europe every year and I've always found an affinity with Brits no matter where we go or what country. I think many businesses cater to Europeans because the Euro and pound are so high and perhaps they have the resources.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,329 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: MSC Cruises -watch out!

Remember that Italians are very critical about food - if it was really not to their tastes there would have been a mutiny.

Could it be that Italians like to taste the individual ingredients naturally and do not use much salt - maybe you should have added some.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
141 reviews
9. Re: MSC Cruises -watch out!

Msergi,

I wasnt offended... worried that you may think us Brits feel 'european'..... I assure you, we do not !

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,681 posts
168 reviews
10. Re: MSC Cruises -watch out!

Msergi

This is the same story we hear on this forum from many MSC cruisers.

Having been on MSC once (18 nights) in 2006, it's disappointing that they haven't improved up their F & B department .... and let me tell you, we are not " foodies" at all but some of the food available to us in the dining room or the buffet was not good.

Reply to: MSC Cruises -watch out!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted