We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MSC Sinfonia Highlights of Croatia & Greece Cruise July 2018

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
131 reviews
MSC Sinfonia Highlights of Croatia & Greece Cruise July 2018

Just booked our very first cruise. Not sure what to expect but looking forward to it.

Any tips on what to expect ?

Has anyone been on this ship ?

I have been looking at a few different cruise forums and while MSC are not up there with RC & Celebrity will it be ok ? Its a special trip for us. We booked Fantasia Experience Balcony Suite if that makes a difference.

15 replies to this topic
2 posts
1. Re: MSC Sinfonia Highlights of Croatia & Greece Cruise July 2018

Here's a brief report from our September 2016 cruise on MSC Sinfonia.

https:/…78459293

We enjoyed the smaller ship. Food was better than previous MSC cruises. They have changed the layout of the menu in the main dining room to 3 courses but you can order more than 1 of each course. The drinks package is good value at €26pppd and it covers draught beer, a selection of drinkable wines, soft drinks, cocktails, spirits, bottled waters and speciality coffees. I think you will enjoy the cruise if you bear in mind the price. DV

New Jersey
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: MSC Sinfonia Highlights of Croatia & Greece Cruise July 2018

We have also booked this cruise. We leave Ancona Italy on the 13th of July. When are you going.

We have never been on an MSC cruise so we also have no idea what to expect.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
131 reviews
3. Re: MSC Sinfonia Highlights of Croatia & Greece Cruise July 2018

Hi,

We sail from Venice on July 28th.

Scunthorpe, United...
5 posts
1 review
4. Re: MSC Sinfonia Highlights of Croatia & Greece Cruise July 2018

We go on this ship n cruise on May 26 2018.we have never cruised before but looking forward to the experience for my 60th birthday.Getting quite excited now xxx from Christine Ferries x

Ballybofey, Ireland
Level Contributor
790 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: MSC Sinfonia Highlights of Croatia & Greece Cruise July 2018

@johnferries: if you like a drink, get the drinks package added to your account or paid for before you go so as to save the 15% gratuity added if bought on board. It's £21pppd. Remember, even though the menu in the main dining room offers only 3 courses, you can have more than one of any course and the waiters are quite used to this. It's a nice ship, not as glitzy as the newer, bigger ships but easily manageable.

Regarding ports; Santorini is a major star of this itinerary. In this case, I booked an excursion with MSC so as to get a boat to pier, coach tour and then a private boat back to ship, avoiding the scrum for the cable car and tenders. It was well worth it as we got to Oia and the views before the hordes of others. The Mykonos stop is a joke. The ship arrives at 8pm and leaves again at 3am. Anyone we spoke with who went ashore did not enjoy it much, just tavernas and bars. Dubrovnik is fabulous. There is a bus just at the terminal which takes you up to the city gates for a £ or so. Immediately inside that gate, turn right and you will see the ticket office for the wall. Worth the walk. Ancona is a surprisingly nice town, nice to walk around and window shop. Enjoy, DV.

DV

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,269 posts
478 reviews
6. Re: MSC Sinfonia Highlights of Croatia & Greece Cruise July 2018

I can't see much point in stopping naywhere from 2000 until 0300, to be honest. I wouldn't get off the ship at all.

The local buses from the cruise terminal in Dubrovnik are good, but they can get very crowded!

Scunthorpe, United...
5 posts
1 review
7. Re: MSC Sinfonia Highlights of Croatia & Greece Cruise July 2018

Hi we go on MSC Sinfonia from Venice to Split,to Santorini,to mykonas,to Dubrovnik late May so will get back to you as we've never cruised before. Xxx

Scunthorpe, United...
5 posts
1 review
8. Re: MSC Sinfonia Highlights of Croatia & Greece Cruise July 2018

Thankyou for your reply-yes we've already got the drinks package and also the trip to Santorini as that's the place love always wanted to go.Thankyou also for advice on Dubrovnik. much appreciated xxx

Ballybofey, Ireland
Level Contributor
790 posts
56 reviews
9. Re: MSC Sinfonia Highlights of Croatia & Greece Cruise July 2018

@johnferries: you're very welcome. I should add that the taxis line up on the dock and, while some only want to do a city tour, some will take you to the Pile gate which is the preferred start point for the walls, it was €10 per cab when we were first there. DV

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,269 posts
478 reviews
10. Re: MSC Sinfonia Highlights of Croatia & Greece Cruise July 2018

It may be more now, depending how long ago that was, DV. We were surprised at how much prices for everything in Dubrovnik had gone up between our visits in 2012 and 2017. I blame Game of Thrones :-)

Reply to: MSC Sinfonia Highlights of Croatia & Greece Cruise July 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted