We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a review about flight hub

Lethbridge
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
a review about flight hub

I would like to write a review about an experience using flighthub - just curious if you have a special spot for these type of reviews?

Thanks J

1,200 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
120,505 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
1. Re: a review about flight hub

Sorry, James, but you can't write a review about a booking agent in the way you can about a hotel, restaurant or attraction.

I'm afraid the best you can do is to write about them here, in a post on the Air Travel Forum. Though it might be better if you find a recent Flighthub thread and add your comments there.

Lethbridge
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: a review about flight hub

Beware booking with Flight Hub!!

I had to cancel our flights to Mexico in December 2016 because we found out my wife needed surgery and treatment for breast cancer. I called Flight Hub and they wanted to charge $200.00 per person fee for cancelling - I refused under these circumstance and tried to explain. They said we can get it down to $150.00 per person and I refused under the circumstances and I felt this was not the right thing and we should not be treated that way.

I hung up and called WestJet who was the airline we were booked with through flight hub - I spoke to a very nice service rep and he explained this happens all the time and all flight hub has to do is call WestJet and ask for a waiver code and we would get a full credit with WestJet for our flights no questions asked - especially due to our situation.

I called Flight Hub back they said they have different rules and if I wanted a full credit with no charges I would need a note from the Dr doing the surgery!!! I called the Drs office and they were floored by this and said this is an invasion of your wifes privacy. I called Flight Hub back to explain this and they said we still need the Drs note and his ID number needs to be on the note.

So I did all this and a scanned the note with all the information on it and emailed it to Flight Hub - I got nothing back from them so I called a day or so later to follow up.

They told me the note was not good enough because in the remarks section of the Drs note it needs to have the specific type of surgery to be performed!!! OMG you have got to be kidding!

So I did get this done and sent it back - long story short I got a full credit from WestJet but got no confirmation of this from Flight Hub - I had to call WestJet again to confirm I received a full credit which I did and they gave me all the information I needed in order to use my credit within the next year.

Flight Hub was horrible to deal with and did not send me any written confirmations of my flight credit when they said the would . NEVER GOING TO USE FLIGHT HUB AGAIN = FLYER BEWARE!!!

Torquay, United...
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
32,146 posts
45 reviews
38 helpful votes
3. Re: a review about flight hub

Oh dear.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's illness, and I understand how anger, grief and fear can get caught up in a situation like yours.

That said, when you call upon a third party agency to do something you can easily do yourself, such as booking flight tickets directly with an airline, you introduce a whole new level of terms and conditions as applied with the agency. Also you cannot expect gold-plated customer service from an agency whose business model is convincong people that they really can offer cheaper prices than booking direct.

I hope your wife goes on to make a full recovery.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
9,306 posts
72 reviews
109 helpful votes
4. Re: a review about flight hub

FlightHub is useless. My one dealing with them, they just threw up their hands and abandoned all responsibility. Air Canada were VERY helpful - it was a re-routing/new booking, not a cancellation - and luckily we had good travel insurance, who repaid almost all of the expenses involved with the new tickets that had to be purchased.

Have you checked the CC you booked with to see if they offer any cancellation insurance?

Hope your wife does well.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
10,022 posts
21 reviews
197 helpful votes
5. Re: a review about flight hub

Hi

I personally have travelled the cancer road and the widowhood highway and luckily for me I had travel insurance which covered my financial losses. My cancer and my husband's fatal heart attack were somewhat less lucky. Doctors letters and a death certificate are the norm for making a claim, otherwise anyone could say anything to get reimbursed, and I am very surprised your wife's doctor was not familiar with this.

I hope your wife recovers well but this is most definitely a situation where insurance would have saved all this grief, booking direct with the airline would also have eased the situation in many cases but not all.

You are at the start of a difficult road, good luck and although getting your money back seems important it's not, your wife's health is a far higher priority.

Jackie

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
120,505 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
6. Re: a review about flight hub

I'm sorry about your wife and I hope she makes a full recovery. Flighthub are one of those companies that should be avoided at all costs. As wirewiper says, they, and the likes of Edreams, Cheapoair, Bravofly and their competitors don't do anything that you can't do yourself. It's much better to book direct with the airline, but I think that's something you've learned form this difficult experience.

7. Re: a review about flight hub

Hi James,

Please let us begin by offering our kindest wishes to you and your wife in this difficult time. We are so sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience dealing with our customer service. We would truly appreciate the opportunity to look into this for you if you could please send us your 9-digit booking reference number.

Best regards,

FlightHub Team

8. Re: a review about flight hub

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

What are forum guidelines?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
26 reviews
47 helpful votes
9. Re: a review about flight hub

>>Good for you FlightHub for reaching out!<<

Another one having a laugh. I assume that's sarcasm and you actually read the complaint and what they've put Him through?

10. Re: a review about flight hub

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Reply to: a review about flight hub
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.