We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook API problems

5 posts
Thomas Cook API problems
Save

Hi everyone. I'm traveling to New York in two weeks and I'm having difficulty uploading API information to the Thomas Cook website. TC website states that API needs to be uploaded no later than 75 hours prior to departure to the USA.

I have spoken to a representative on the TC website who has confirmed that I can sort out my API at the airport when checking in. Has anyone else been having this problem or has anyone else traveling to the USA done their API at the airport?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
48,261 posts
51 reviews
86 helpful votes
1. Re: Thomas Cook API problems
Save

It's preferable to do it in advance, but if you can't you can do it at online check in, or at the airport if you check in there.

5 posts
2. Re: Thomas Cook API problems
Save

Ok thank you. It's just making me a bit wary that it states on th website that the information needs to be given no later than 75 hours prior to departure. Hopefully all will be ok at the airport!

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
350 posts
94 reviews
43 helpful votes
3. Re: Thomas Cook API problems
Save

There is a phone number that you call and give api over, but first off have you tried another internet browser, some times they clash!

5 posts
4. Re: Thomas Cook API problems
Save

I've called them this morning and they said that they can't take API over the phone wt present and to sort it at the airport.

Manchester, United...
1 post
5. Re: Thomas Cook API problems
Save

Hi. I travel to New York in less than 2 weeks & I am having exactly the same problems submitting API with Thomas Cook. I've been advised via their 'On line chat' to do it at the airport but have concerns doing this given the info they provide (ie must be submitted at least 75 hours prior to departure)

Please can anyone provide updates as to how you got on?

After reading several posts on this - some from 2 or 3 years ago - this seems like standard practice from Thomas Cook.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
48,261 posts
51 reviews
86 helpful votes
6. Re: Thomas Cook API problems
Save

As I posted previously, if you can't do it online you can submit it at the airport. It isn't a problem.

7. Re: Thomas Cook API problems

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2017, 17:15
US$USD
New Zealand
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.