We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing personal equipment onto the plane beyond hand lugga

Bringing personal equipment onto the plane beyond hand lugga

Is there a way to bring onto the flight that I have only been approved for a small piece of hand luggage? I want to bring more things and not pay a fortune for a trolley I know all kinds of methods such as wearing full clothes and I heard about a method with duty free bags to put things in or inside a pillow for sleeping

20 replies to this topic
Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
511 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Bringing personal equipment onto the plane beyond hand lugga

You could always use some Duct tape or Gorilla tape to attach your “extra “ luggage to your body. Obviously it will be rather painful to remove later but hey you’re saving money 😂

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
18,018 posts
141 reviews
95 helpful votes
2. Re: Bringing personal equipment onto the plane beyond hand lugga

If you’ve got too much stuff then just pay for hold luggage. Thats what the rest of us rule abiding travellers do.

Why are you special to everyone else.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
34,124 posts
35 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Bringing personal equipment onto the plane beyond hand lugga

Just another new troll post

4. Re: Bringing personal equipment onto the plane beyond hand lugga

Why do you think I'm a troll, they just want another $65 from me for a small suitcase and I have to stay abroad for 5 days

UK
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
20,131 posts
27 reviews
41 helpful votes
5. Re: Bringing personal equipment onto the plane beyond hand lugga

Are you flying with one of those super-cheap airlines where the basic fare only includes a small personal item? Most airlines allow you to take one small suitcase and put it in the overhead

Chicago
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Bringing personal equipment onto the plane beyond hand lugga

Why don’t you post the airline and what type of fare you booked, people might have other suggestions. How much ‘extra’ stuff do you want to bring, can it go into pockets?

I’m sure you don’t want to hear this, but maybe next time book a fare that gives you what you need, because here it sounds like you booked a cheap fare but don’t want to abide by the restrictions that presumably you knew about when you booked.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
8,763 posts
10 reviews
33 helpful votes
7. Re: Bringing personal equipment onto the plane beyond hand lugga

No, there is no way. You will have to leave it at home or pay to check it if those are the rules of your fare.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
15,558 posts
51 reviews
42 helpful votes
8. Re: Bringing personal equipment onto the plane beyond hand lugga

"they just want another $65 from me for a small suitcase and I have to stay abroad for 5 days"

Absurd comment. Your ticket was cheap(er) because YOU didn't want to pay more including some form of luggage. If you can't survive 5 days with the small bag you got with your ticket then YOU purchased the wrong ticket. It's like, "Gee I got this tiny cramped seat with my ticket and they want $Xxxx more for premium economy and even more for business class seat! The nerve of such people!"

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
10,220 posts
22 reviews
25 helpful votes
9. Re: Bringing personal equipment onto the plane beyond hand lugga

Just another person who thinks they are entitled to have what they want without paying for it. OP knew they were going to be away for 5 days but still bought a fare that doesn't allow extra bags. Well, wearing the same clothes for 5 days is always an option but most people would just pay the $65 and move on, not try to find a way to circumvent the rules.

Canada
Level Contributor
19,872 posts
106 reviews
92 helpful votes
10. Re: Bringing personal equipment onto the plane beyond hand lugga

If you can afford to travel for 5 days, why can't you afford $65 for a luggage allowance? Stop trying to be foolish.

Reply to: Bringing personal equipment onto the plane beyond hand lugga
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.