We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time I need to travel from Terminal 3 to 5?

1 post
How much time I need to travel from Terminal 3 to 5?

I Have a flight from JFK to BER with connection in heathrow. Between connection I have a 2:15h. I arrive at Terminal 3 and my departure is at Terminal 5. Will I make it on this plane?

5 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
31,022 posts
22 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: How much time I need to travel from Terminal 3 to 5?

As long as your inbound flight isn’t delayed significantly, you should.

MCT is 90 minutes. Follow the purple flight connections signs and take the bus to T5. You will go through security there and you hVe to be through the gates to security at least 35 minutes before departure, or your boarding pass will not grant entry

Albany, New York
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
117 reviews
51 helpful votes
2. Re: How much time I need to travel from Terminal 3 to 5?

Is this American Airlines and then British Airways? You should have enough time to make the transfer if the first flight is reasonably on time. Be prepared for some walking however.

When you get off the first flight, follow the purple signs for flight connections to get the bus to Terminal 5. At Terminal 5 you'll have to go through security. So keep that in mind if you have any drink bottles, etc. Once in Terminal 5, check the display boards to see your flight status. The boarding gates aren't usually announced until the last hour leading up to departure.

In the past I've used the Heathrow mobile app. You can plug in your flight information and it can notify you when the gate is announced.

London, United...
Level Contributor
23,796 posts
431 reviews
168 helpful votes
3. Re: How much time I need to travel from Terminal 3 to 5?

Shouldn't be a problem if everything is running to time

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,399 posts
118 reviews
66 helpful votes
4. Re: How much time I need to travel from Terminal 3 to 5?

If this is a genuine through ticket, then you'll be fine - the Airline(s) wouldn't have sold you an impossible connection, as if you missed it, they'd have to transfer you to the next flight to your destination with seats available. This costs them time and money, which they don't like!

Torquay, United...
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
32,061 posts
45 reviews
38 helpful votes
5. Re: How much time I need to travel from Terminal 3 to 5?

With an AA to BA connection you have the best of all possible worlds, the change of terminals notwithstanding.

Both are OneWorld Alliance, and Heathrow is a major hub. OneWorld connections are actively monitored and possible mis-connects are often flagged up. If needed you will be put on a later flight* and you will get overnight accommodation if you need it. However if you are on time and you follow the Flight Connections channel, you will have no problems at all.

* usually you get a grave warning "next flight WITH SEATS AVAILABLE. Not usually a problem on Europe short-haul especially on a higher-frequency route.

Reply to: How much time I need to travel from Terminal 3 to 5?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.