We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vueling depart American airlines arrival and luggage

Tempe, Arizona
1 post
Vueling depart American airlines arrival and luggage

My husband and I have been traveling for quite some time now and are getting set to go back home to the USA. We already have the tickets booked for FLO>MAD>JFK starting out on Vueling then Iberia and finally on American Air. Im just now seeing all the information about Vuelings bag policy. My question is that since with American we get free luggage checked with them, is there anyway that we can do a work around that anyone knows of? I keep getting stuck on hold forever and am running out of international minutes.

5 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,016 posts
1. Re: Vueling depart American airlines arrival and luggage

What is your baggage allowance on your booking/ticket?. Hold baggage should be shown in your booking. Cabin baggage is always by the operating carrier so if travelling 3 different airlines and wanting to take same cabin bag on all flights you will need to check for the smallest dimensions.

I assume you mean Florence, Italy (FLR) FLO is Florence in South Carolina

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Vueling depart American airlines arrival and luggage

To contact airlines, I'm a big fan of using X (nee twitter) direct messaging.

AA does give the warning "Baggage policies differ between airlines and other charges may apply; check with the airline operating your flight for baggage information" (https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/partner-airlines/codeshare.jsp)

Best of luck

Davidson, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
9 helpful votes
3. Re: Vueling depart American airlines arrival and luggage

I have the exact same question. Ticketed through AA and flying Vueling from Florence to Madrid then AA Madrid to Charlotte. Can the original person who posted let me know how it worked out for her. I called AA twice and got 2 different answers. We will have a lot of luggage as it is my entire family traveling. Thanks

Palmdale, California
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
4. Re: Vueling depart American airlines arrival and luggage

I assume you bought a round-trip ticket from the US. Here's 14CFR399.87:

§ 399.87 Baggage allowances and fees.

For passengers whose ultimate ticketed origin or destination is a U.S. point, U.S. and foreign carriers must apply the baggage allowances and fees that apply at the beginning of a passenger's itinerary throughout his or her entire itinerary. In the case of code-share flights that form part of an itinerary whose ultimate ticketed origin or destination is a U.S. point, U.S. and foreign carriers must apply the baggage allowances and fees of the marketing carrier throughout the itinerary to the extent that they differ from those of any operating carrier.

Davidson, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
9 helpful votes
5. Re: Vueling depart American airlines arrival and luggage

Yes, it is a round trip ticket. Thank you for your response!

Reply to: Vueling depart American airlines arrival and luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.