We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet2 from ema

hinckley,uk
Level Contributor
171 posts
13 reviews
4 helpful votes
Jet2 from ema

Hi we have been informed by jet2 that the carrier has now been sub contractored to airexplore. Now I've been a fan of jet2 for a few years now (flt only) always found them very efficient & good aircrafts, however this latest development has not left me with joy. Yes I know according to the t&c they can do this & we have no comeback. We had a similar experience with tui 4 years ago flying from bhx to dalaman. Let me say the aircraft was not as expected, I think it was freedom flights but not sure. There was very little leg room it felt very claustrophobic, and I'm only 5 foot. I was seated in an aisle seat and the other 2 passengers had to crawl over seats to get to theirs. So can anyone tell me if they've had experience of this airline sub contracted by jet2. I hoping to book with jet2 again for a flight in November, but this has made me very wary. Thank you.

58 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
53,114 posts
51 reviews
86 helpful votes
1. Re: Jet2 from ema

Jet2 lease from a few different airlines & have done for a few years. Airexplore are a Slovakian charter airline operating 737-8s, seat pitch 29/30"

hinckley,uk
Level Contributor
171 posts
13 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Jet2 from ema

Hi thank you for reply and information

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
21,348 posts
41 reviews
59 helpful votes
3. Re: Jet2 from ema

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirExplore

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
728 posts
14 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Jet2 from ema

I've just boarded LS621 to Dalaman with Air Explore. The plane is clean and fresh. The crew is amazing and attentive. All branding etc. Is Jet2; I've said elsewhere that I was a little concerned but no need to be.

Also very familiar are the passengers struggling to understand the seat numbering (it is very clear) and the need to stow their cabin bags quickly without removing every single thing from it, so as to allow others to pass. The more things change......

1 post
1 review
5. Re: Jet2 from ema

Just when i thought i had found a decent tour opperator i foind my holiday flight has been subbed out to another carrier , presumably because they have not got enough capacity from expanding too quickly or are cutting costs by using a cheaper carrier . How long before they set up a subsiduary to run the holidays as well.

Not impressed might have to try TUI again for the next one

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
33,934 posts
358 reviews
1,183 helpful votes
6. Re: Jet2 from ema

“presumably because they have not got enough capacity from expanding too quickly or are cutting costs by using a cheaper carrier”

—-

Or leasing planes during their busier flying periods so they don’t have an abundance of planes lying around doing nothing during the quieter winter months.

I think you’ll find TUI also lease planes in too, just like other airlines out there too.

2 posts
1 review
7. Re: Jet2 from ema

I have just been notified that my flight will now be operated by Air Explore. To be honest I am a little concerned as before I received notification I hadn't heard of the airline

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
53,114 posts
51 reviews
86 helpful votes
8. Re: Jet2 from ema

Concerned which way? They'll be many airlines you've never heard of.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
53,114 posts
51 reviews
86 helpful votes
9. Re: Jet2 from ema

Mike W, TUI lease aircraft, including from Air Explore.

" How long before they set up a subsiduary to run the holidays as well."

They already have, just like TUI and easyJet. They're called tour operators.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
31,257 posts
22 reviews
18 helpful votes
10. Re: Jet2 from ema

Mike W would you care to name an airline flying out of the UK to holiday destinations that doesn’t have to rely on wet leasing during peak times?

TUI,, Easyjet, BA all do it.

There is currently a shortage of planes, so either airlines wet lease or they cancel routes and holidays.

Reply to: Jet2 from ema
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.